Chapter twenty-three

Peter left this morning to do something I actually forgot. It's been two weeks now and my body has gained full strength again. Not like "full strength" is that much in my case. Also, my relationship to Peter was as always, lovely. The lost boys were the same children as usual and Felix was a sarcastic idiot.

So basically, it was a typical morning.

Only one thing gave me a bad feeling. It was too nice. Every day on Neverland had this weird feeling that someone could kill you. Luckily Neverland's beauty made it easy to ignore this deadly feeling. But today seemed like nothing could happen. Nothing could kill you or go wrong. It was a nice friendly day on a nice friendly island.

That's when I realized it. Something would happen.

I jumped up from my log and glanced around the camp. All boys were out for hunting or playing. Peter has been gone the whole morning. Felix left about half an hour ago. So nobody was here. Nobody could protect me from what would come soon.

I ran in Peter's tent and grabbed his sword. Kind of risky to take it because we were talking about me. The chance that I'd accidentally kill myself was extremely high. But I had no choice. Peter couldn't protect me forever...maybe he could. But I can't do that to him. We were something like a couple now and I wouldn't want to be a burden forever. Or maybe it was just the fact that he wasn't there to help me anyway. It's not like I could scream across the whole island to hope he'll hear me.

...

"PETER!"

Seems like I couldn't...

Then, suddenly, the person I feared more than Peter, yes I was afraid my boyfriend, walked out of the forest.

"Nice place you got here. But that's not what you deserve." Henry observed.

"What are you doing here, Henry? If the lost boys find you, you'll have problems. If Peter finds you, you're dead." I growled and lifted up the sword.

"Oh come on. Who are you going to fool with that sword? Everyone knows you don't know how to fight. Also- why would you fight against your husband?" He smirked and stepped closer to me.

"S-Stay away!" I shouted and reaches out the sword.

"Don't be pathetic. You won't hurt me. You could never hurt someone forcefully."

"I am not your wife. You are not my husband. There is nothing holding me back from killing you. After all you and your family did. Not mentioning what my family did. You knew it and you never even tried to help me. But hey, you were extremely good at watching them hurt me." I laughed. Not because of happiness but anger. I was so angry at him. He appeared on this island, my home, came to me and said he was my husband.

"I don't know why you're so dramatic. That's the past. Fact is, that you were supposed to marry me and I won't give that up so easily." He stood right on the edge of the sword.

"I was supposed to. I never wanted to and I still won't marry you. You're an awful person and to be honest, I wished you were six feet under. But no...you're alive. Standing right in front of me and smirking with that ugly face of yours."

"You little bitch are going to wish you never said that-" The sound of
cracking bones appeared behind me and suddenly Henry stopped in the middle of his movement. I was confused for a second but then someone grabbed the sword out of my hand and stepped in front of me.

"And you'll wish you never entered this island." He said and tilted his head, smiling psychotic.

"Boys! Time to play!" He yelled and stared at him deadly.

"Run boy...run. If they get you, you won't be able anymore." Without wasting another second, Henry started to run in the direction he came from. Followed by a group of bloodthirsty boys.

As they all disappeared in the woods, he turned to me.

"You called me, darling?" I fell in his arms and wrapped my arms around him.

"Peter! I-I thought I had to- I don't even know how to fight...I didn't know what to- I thought you didn't hear me- I-." He placed a finger on my lips and I glanced at him.

"You were scared, darling, I know...it's over now, okay? You're safe." I nodded uncertainly and layed my head back against his chest. His hand was slowly stroking my hair and I could feel his calm heartbeat. Did he ever feel scared?

"Peter...?" I mumbled without lifting up my head.

"What is it, darling?" He answered softly.

"Are you never afraid?"

"Afraid of what?"

"Anything...aren't you afraid of something? Because I've never seen you truly scared." His movements stopped and I could feel some sort of energy rushing through his body. He didn't like my question...

"I am afraid of some things." He simply said and remained like this.

"But...of what?"

"Do you wanna scare me?"

"Not at all. I want to understand how your heartbeat always remains calm." Now I finally lifted my head, staring in his eyes. They were darker as usual but as soon as they met mine, they grew a bit lighter.

"It's because the only times I truly felt scared were when you were gone. When you couldn't hear my heartbeat. It's the only thing that has ever scared me..." Surprisement layed on my face as I glanced at him in disbelief. I was the only one that ever scared him?

Wonder if that's something good at all...