Chapter fifteen

Peter's POV:

I looked at Felix with a concerned look. He was holding his bleeding nose but still I could see him smirk. Of course he did. Felix would never show weakness and since I brought him here he never had.

"Don't take it personal Felix.", I said and turned around, ready to go back to my princess.

"Never Pan.", He mumbled and followed me. That was it. Everything was set back into it's usual order.

As we reached the lake my eyes immediately spotted Y/n, standing all depressed at the small sand stripe in nothing but her underwear and staring at the water.

"Y/n, love. What are you doing?", I asked leaving Felix shocked at the edge of the glade.

I knew he was staring at her and if I'm being honest, I couldn't take a miss of it. She was beautiful in every possible way and even I had some struggles staying focused all the time.

She turned around and glanced at me with a sorrowful expression on her face.

"I'm sorry Pan.", She mumbled and I fast went right infront of her, considering she might feel uncomfortable dressed like this. She stepped closer to me and snuggled herself in my chest. I wrapped my around her waist and gently kissed her hair.

"What're you sorry for?", I asked while slowly caressing her back with my thumbs.

"I know you want me to go in there and so I tried to get in on my own. But I can't Pan, I'm sorry.", She answered and I took a look at Felix who shook his head in denial. If he didn't tell her she must've found out on her own which made no difference in the end. She was still terrified.

I carefully pressed her a bit away from me so that she would have to look at my face. She stepped another step away, making a small distance between us.

"Love...Look at the water. Does it looks that scary to you?", I wondered and tried my best to smile at her even if I felt awful for what I might be forced to do. She glanced at the water and shook quickly.

"It's not looking scary. But I can't Pan- those- those memories keep on hunting me down like nightmares."

"You know you have to go in...", I said and started to put my shoes off. Behind me I could her Felix slowly move. He was my plan B if my plan A wouldn't succeed. It would be a shame if I fail lately, wouldn't it? Peter Pan never fails.

Her eyes widened and I could technically hear her breathe stop. Somehow I knew that there would be a real high chance that we would've to apply plan B. I stepped closer to her and held out my hands. She just had to grab them and everything would be fine. 

Her breath calmed and she glanced at me with a blank expression. I knew this expression and it hurted me. It hurted me, knowing what she was about to do. Her eyes scanned this place, looking for any possible ways to escape. Then she glanced back at me and after at the ground.

"I can't...", She mumbled and made me heart ache in a pain I didn't expect. It was a cold, sharp pain, running right through my heart.

I felt the betrayal deep inside me. But then again I felt
Pathetic.

As if I wouldn't have expected this. As if I didn't know what she would do.

Back to reality I saw her tense her muscles. Her eyes darkened, her heart was beating in her chest, so loud even I heard it. Then things went the way I assumed they would go. She turned around and started to run on a direct way to the forest. Poor Y/n. Now I was forced to bring plan B in action. She would hate it.