Ye Who Enter Here

Start from the beginning

"Isn't that in the Bermuda Triangle? Cause that would explain a lot," Trip commented.

"Actually, it doesn't have anything to do with the triangle. We solved that back in the '80s," Coulson said.

"Ah, Atlantis?" Trip guessed.

"Try Puerto Rico," Coulson shrugged.

I zoomed in on the picture.

"These white markers represent vertical air shafts that are close to the surface. Possible entry points for the city, but most of them are under the ocean floor," I stated as Coulson moved closer to the image.

"Except for one. Here in old San Juan, where we'll enter the underground city. A survey team will test the tunnel's structural integrity then locate the temple," Coulson explained.

"And then what, sir?" Jemma asked.

"We blow the hell out of it," he replied. Something about that didn't sit right with me but I had no idea why.

"What about The Obelisk? It's still dangerous all on its own," Bobbi pointed out.

"One crisis at a time," Coulson said.

*****

"More news on the investigation of the horrific murder suicide of Massachusetts Senator Christian Ward," a reporter was saying as May and I stared at the monitor. "FBI sources claim that while the Senator did leave a recorded confession other evidence found at the scene suggests another party may have been involved. Meanwhile, Senator Ward's..."

"He did it. You know Ward did it," I said to May.

"No doubt in my mind," she nodded.

"The Senator should've let us help," I said glumly.

"We tried, but he wanted nothing to do with us. All we can do now is try and catch Ward," May replied.

"Or put the son of a bitch down!" I exclaimed. May gave me a look as Coulson walked up behind us.

"Change of plans. We're splitting up the teams," he said.

"We're going after Ward?" I asked as we hurried after him.

"No, we're not. HYDRA found Raina. Tried to grab her in Vancouver," he told us.

"Grab her. Not kill her?" May asked.

"They're grasping. HYDRA knows we found the city. Maybe they think she can help them," Coulson answered.

"We're pulling an extraction," May said with a nod.

"And you're leading it. I'll head on to the city in the Quinjet with Bobbi, Mack and Fitz-Simmons. We need to locate that temple," Coulson instructed but I frowned.

"So, wait – so, you want me to go with them?" I stared at him in shock as I glanced at May.

"We're all anxious to see the city but I'd like you to run point on Raina's interrogation. I think she'll respond to you," Coulson stared at me.

"Yes, sir. I'll spread the word," I glanced back at them both then moved away.

*****

"All right. Time to go. I'll see you in San Juan," Coulson said as he looked at me.

I gave him a very nervous look, quickly glanced at May next to him, then threw my arms around him in a hug.

"See you there...sir," I said after a few minutes.

*****

"Lanyard, please," I heard one of the Koenig brothers say as I knocked on the door.