Chapter 4 - Gestalt Adapter

Start from the beginning

"Fair enough," Alon said through the communications and reversed for a bit and stood by the side of the Luna Sea giving him a clear view of the actual ship he was on.

The Luna Sea was a small heavily modified Freighter Ship that was retrofitted with larger boosters for increased mobility at the cost of defence as it lacks any form of defence save for the standard one that came with it nor does it have any form of mounted guns likely to avoid suspicion from other patrols.

Just by seeing the sorry state of the ship it was clear to Alon that the Luna Sea is not fit for combat, this then made Alon wonder if he had chosen the right side and wonders whether or not he and his family will survive.

His contemplation was quickly interrupted as he had gained proximity alarm to find one Kataphract armed with a Kinetic Mace charging at him. In a panic, Alon quickly pulled out the Kinetic Rifle and blindly fired at the oncoming Kataphract this caused the bullet to ricochet and nearly shot the Second Pilot.

"Spray Control!" He heard him through the comms as he nearly grazed him. This caused Alon to panic once more as he backed away narrowly dodging the Kataphract's swings at him but one swing managed to connect and while not fatal caused the cockpit to violently shake.

"Fuck!" Alon screamed while gripping the controls tightly preventing him from getting thrown off. And this was perhaps the very straw that broke the Camel's back for Alon.

Because he has had a hellish day, all in all, he lost his farm, got shot twice, forced to join what is probably a terribly planned and managed terrorist organization forcing him to throw away any chance for a decent life for him and now he's being killed by a soldier over a misunderstanding.

"That's it," Alon said going full throttle as he threw aside the Light Kinetic Rifle and pulled out the Kinetic Nodachi at his disposal and swung at the Kataphract, and because he is just a farm boy with only basic agricultural machine knowledge he is not fit for combat. This is why to his lack of surprise it managed to dodge his attack on time, this caused it to distance itself for a moment and then charged at Alon once again.

"Try this on for size!" Alon said in annoyance he said as he thrust the Nodachi at the centre where the supposed cockpit is placed and this time it connected and due to the high speed the Kataphract was running, resulted in it being impaled in the chest killing the pilot inside causing the machine to go limp as Alon sheathed gripped the Nodachi in one hand and the Mace on the other.

"Let's try this again," Alon said now armed with the two weapons.

[Legacy of Earth]

"Nice job Rookie!" He heard the voice of the Second Pilot as Alon pushed onwards. But he cared nothing about those, all he wanted was to vent out his anger towards the Soldiers.

"Akunawa where are you—?!" He heard Tsuna call out to him as he flew past them and proceeded to have the Ronin slam the Kinetic Mace onto its head while not strong enough to crush the head, it was strong enough to damage the Main Camera as Alon proceeded to impale it again with the Nodachi but this time grabbed for the Kinetic Javelin and the Heavy Rifle that came with it.

He turned his attention next to a pair of Kataphracts heading towards them and an idea came into mind for Alon as he sheathed the Javelin and then rushed them.

"Rookie slows down or you'll crash into them!" He heard the Second Pilot warn him as Alon felt the cockpit rattle for a moment as if he had been shot causing a panel to let out a warning that he had been indeed shot.

Tell me something I don't know! Alon thought waving off both the warning of crashing and the shot from the shoulder as he used the more armoured part of the Ronin's left shoulder to crash into the Kataphract and proceeded to fire the Kinetic rifle at point-blank range at the chest once more killing the pilot instantly. And then tried to throw the disabled mech into the second one but he was immediately impaled from behind by another Mech with a Javelin causing a loud Crunch! as Alon saw the very blade stick up from behind as he watched it crackle from the damaged wiring causing the cockpit to decompress sucking the oxygen out.

Is this how I'll die? Alon thought as he saw the warning of impalement which had pieced the backpack thrusts through the head also damaging his main camera forcing him to rely on the secondary cameras, the damage was so severe that he cannot even eject. Perhaps it was a standard procedure in killing Mech pilots or perhaps it was just a coincidence that the enemy Kataphract managed to pull off a blow.

"Alon hold on!"

"Rookie! We're coming!"

He heard the two pilots through his communications but strangely Alon felt calm, it's as though he had accepted his fate as he slumped against his seat and began to rethink his choices as he saw the enemy Kataphract pull out the Javelin leaving an exposed hole into the Mech. Had he not worn the Suit then the immediate puncture would have killed him from the lack of oxygen in the cockpit.

Alon continued to watch into the cameras the Kataphract realign itself and then prepared to strike again but a bullet went past Alon and immediately made its way into the head of the Kataphract behind him and the subsequent explosion caused him to snap back into reality.

That's right! Alon thought as he reached into the controls and despite the wounded state of the Ronin Alon managed to grab it by the chest and ripped a handful of wires that could potentially disable it from fighting. I have to keep fighting not just for my family but also for Marina!

He then grabbed the Javelin it was holding and then tried his hardest to jam it into the chest despite the limited vision because of Ronin's current state and then proceeded to push the Javelin with its thrusters.

The good news was that it worked.

The bad news was that he nearly crashed into the Luna Sea causing both of them to tumble along the side of the ship much to the horror of the two other Pilots as well as the crew on board.

"That'll do it," Alon said as the Ronin finally broke down due to the damages. He looked through the remaining functional cameras and found that the other Kataphracts began to withdraw and both Tsuna and the Second Pilot's Ronin's began to fly back into him.

I guess this is my life now. Alon sighed as he slumped back into his seat as the visor of his helmet began to fog up from the heat of his breath. The best I can do is to fight on to make sure my family stays safe, plus I—no Marina and I can see the Galaxy with this just as we promised years ago.

[Legacy of Earth]

Shoutout to my Supporters on Patreon:

Helper: Niyeban

My Patreon Page: https:// www. patreon. com / grimnir099

Discord Server: https:// discord. gg / R88xPzg