The Day Has Arrived

Start from the beginning

The smell that wafted from them was that of a rotting corpse. Knowing he was going to be in for it James took the opportunity to back out of the kitchen doorway and head back to his office. He set up his own personal security system so anyone could walk in and they would not even know he was there. He would lay low until they got free and calmed down. He had programmed the robot to protect the food and anything that would be needed for the ball he hoped that his thoughtfulness would be the reason he lived. This was the biggest prank that he had pulled on them and with the ball being tomorrow he was thinking that he might have gone too far. When his memory book of the moment floated in front of him and he watched it all play out again he knew that even his death would be worth the laughs he has had from that moment. He went back to work with a happy heart and a clear mind.

The Valentine children had no idea what to do. They stood far enough back that the smell wasn't unbearable but they had no way of knowing or figuring out what kind of sticky substance this goo was made from and how to get it off of everything. There was a beeping noice like a timer that was counting down. Sebastian followed the noise and his siblings followed closely behind him. A few feet from where James once stood there was a clear cube that had numbers on it. Before anyone could react a burst of nanobubbles sprang from the clear cube and covered every surface in the home. The bubbles squeaked as they moved and laughter came from everyone as the bubbles tickled their way across their bodies. After 2 minutes all of the bubbles started to pop and in their wake was the cleanest surface that they had ever seen. Everything and everyone was spotless. The smell was gone and it was replaced by a pleasantly floral scent. The everyone's hair had a brilliant shine to it and their clothes almost sparkled in the artificial light of the kitchen. As soon as she was free Valery grabbed Ezekiel's arm and stomped to the lab. Her intent was clear...murder her husband and live out the remainder of her life as a happy widow with her 5 wonderful children. When they made it to the door Ezekiel prayed that his god father was not in the lab he could almost see the steam coming from his god mom's ears and could clearly see the daggers in her eyes. "Open it, and I don't mean the door I mean the safety net that I know that he has probably put on it. I know you have no idea it is here but I need you to open it so that I can kill your god father." Valery smiled an evil smile as she looked over expectedly at Ezekiel. Any fight he had in him was lost as they made eye contact. He swallowed the lump in his throat and pulled out a pen. The drew a circle on the door which caused a screen and keyboard to appeared. The screen had a bunch of coding on it that Ezekiel was already halfway through breaking the programming to open the door to the real lab. It only took 3 minutes and when the circle disappeared he was shooed away and told to go finish up the food. He rushed away in a hurry not wanting any part of what was about to happen.

Hours later after James had gotten manhandled by his wife he was set free. Only permitted to live because of the promise of a present that he would be giving to her after dinner was eaten. Back with his head in his work James rubbed his brown and greying chin hair still puzzled over what could be hiding in the tube. Ezekiel walked in and sat in the chair next to him. James looked over at Ezekiel and had to hold back the tears that wanted to be shed, Ezekiel was the perfect mix of both of his parents. He had grown into an amazing man he couldn't have been any prouder to call him his son. "Hey champ are you ready for this?" He clapped his hands together in a very dramatic fashion way which caused Ezekiel to roll his eyes while trying to stop the small smile from popping up from the corner of his lips. A broad smile quickly graced his face as he replied, "yeah old man I'm ready." James frantically gasped at the playful disrespect. "Me old man... you wound me kid I'm still cool don't count me into the old people's group just yet!" They shared a laugh before they got back to business and went over the schematics. They were both thinking the same thing. There was something bigger going on. There was no way that the basic tube was just for research. Ezekiel felt like he had an idea about what was happening and he wanted to be wrong soo bad. By the time he left the lab he felt much more confident in the plan everything was moving just as planned. Ethan was nowhere to be seen so he went to go eat with everyone's else and James followed.