Chapter 30

The next night the team had been scouting out all of the ways that they could take out Kovar, and they had found out that Anatoly was correct. The easiest way to get to the man was for them to wait until he went to sleep and most of his guards were gone for the night. They figured that the easiest way to get to Kovar was to let Flash or Supergirl go in with their speed and kill the man and no one would even know that they were there. The rest of the team would take down the five or six guards that were guarding the outside of the house.

"Ok, I think it is best for Flash to do this. He can go in and no one will even know he was there. He will be in and out before anyone even notices. As for the rest of us, we will take out the guards that are guarding the ground, to make sure that they can't call in any reinforcements." Arrow said and the rest of the team nodded in agreement with the plan.

"Alright Flash, you are on." Black Canary said and Flash was gone.

When Flash got to the room that he assumed was Kovar's he opened the door and found out that he was right. He walked in and looked at the man that he was about to kill. He then took a knife out of his League suit and then raised it a bit so that he could plunge it into Kovar's chest. The man ended up waking up just as Flash was about to plunge the knife into him and he got to see what was the last few minutes of his life as the knife went through his heart and he was dead.

"Well, that was a little too easy. Not that I am complaining." Flash said to himself as he sped back outside to see what the rest of his friends were doing.

When Flash reached the outside of the house he saw that his friends each had a guard that they were fighting and it wasn't going too well for the guards. They all took care of the guards quickly so that they couldn't make any calls for backup. Once they were done they looked up to see that Flash was back and they knew that he had done his job as well. Now it was time for them to go back to the hotel where they had rented rooms and pack so that they were ready to leave early in the morning so that they could get back to Nanda Parbat as soon as possible.

. . .

While they were all waiting at the airport for their flight back to Nanda Parbat, the team talked about what they could probably expect when they got back. They all hoped that Ras would let them free without a fight, but they also knew that they might have to fight to get released. They would just have to find out once they got back.

"Do you actually think that he will release us?" Artemis asked.

"I hope so. I really don't want to fight our way out, but I know that it is a possibility that we might have to." Arrow said.

"The good thing is, now that we are done with our training, we can use our powers more often. I know we don't need to overdo it, but it would help in this situation." White Canary said.

"You make a good point. I hope it doesn't come to that though." Supergirl said.

"I have an idea that I am going to go with first. The rest of you just go with what I am doing, ok? You will see when it is time. So, don't use your powers unless you see my plan doesn't work." Arrow said and the rest of the team nodded.

"You know, I feel like a bit of an outcast here being as though I don't have any powers. I know I am the weak link here." Athena said.

"Oh, don't you worry about that babe. Like we said, we really didn't want these powers, we were given them. We don't plan on using them all the time." White Canary said.

"I know. So, are you guys ready to finally get home?" Athena asked.

"Yeah, I am looking forward to getting things back on track where it comes to our normal daily lives. I mean, there is just so much that needs to be fixed since we saw what was going on with our families and friends when we were home the other year." Black Canary said.

"Yeah, me too. We need to get dad to stop drinking and also get Tommy to grow up finally." White Canary said.

"I am looking forward to seeing mom and dad. I know that I won't be the same little girl that I was back before we left, but I think they will like the changes in me." Artemis said.

"I know they will, sis. All they ever wanted you to do was be yourself, now you are a better person and more mature. Who wouldn't be happy about that?" Arrow asked.

"I could say the same about you. They would be very proud of you." Artemis said.

"I am looking forward to seeing mom and dad as well. I am looking forward to seeing Clark even more though." Supergirl said.

"Yeah, I will be there to help with Quentin, and maybe we can find a way to get your mom straight as well." Flash said.

"Yeah, all of that would be great, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We still need to make sure that Ras releases us first." Arrow said and the team nodded in agreement.

"I am so ready to get this over with. You know once we do make it back home, we are going to have to wait for a while before we become active. It will be too easy for people to figure out it is us if we start up too soon." Flash said.

"You make a good point. I guess we'll just have to see how things go once we get there. I think we should wait a month at the least, hopefully more though. We might have to start earlier depending on what happens." Arrow said and the rest of the team nodded as they all got ready to board the plane back to Nanda Parbat for the last time.