Chapter 28

The next night the team of heroes had seen all they needed to see and knew that it was now time for them to end this group of mercenaries and free the hostages. Their plan was rather simple. The heroes without specter powers would go after the guards, while the ones with specter powers would go after the boss and end him as well as the idol that was giving the man his powers.

"So, is everyone ready to go now? I think the quicker we act, the sooner we can get off of this island and hopefully never see it again." Arrow said.

"Did you forget we need to be here when it is time for us to go home? It is the only way to explain where we have been all of these years." Artemis said.

"No, I didn't forget, but that doesn't mean that I could have wishful thinking." Arrow said.

"Let's get this done. We have just over a year left before we are supposed to go home. The sooner we get this over with, the sooner we can get that year over with." Flash said and the rest of the team nodded as they made their way to the camp and finished this mission.

. . .

The team took their places around the camp so that no one would have the chance to escape. They were all in their League gear and waiting for the word to begin their attack.

"Ok breach, and don't leave any of the mercenaries alive." Arrow called out and the others began their assault on the camp.

It didn't take long for the team that didn't have specter powers to take out all of the non-powered mercenaries and now they were paying attention to what was going on with Arrow, Black Canary, and Artemis. It wasn't going well for the mercenary leader because he had found out that his powers didn't work against these three heroes.

"How do my powers not work on you three?" Rieter asked.

"You need to remember that just because you have powers, that doesn't mean that there isn't someone out there who is more powerful than you. We just happen to be those people." Arrow said.

"Well, this is definitely not what I had in mind when I got these powers but I guess we'll just have to see who is better at hand to hand combat." Rieter said as he rushed toward the one hero he thought he might have the best chance against, since she was smaller. Artemis.

When he got close to Artemis, she blocked all of his attacks and then hit Rieter with a particularly hard hit to the chest that sent him to the group. Rieter got up and then decided that he would go after Black Canary, which didn't turn out any better for him. He now knew that he was outmatched but he couldn't give up because if he did that, he would end up dead. Rieter got up from the ground and tried his powers again and saw that they still didn't work. He then decided to go after Arrow, who quickly put him back on the ground. Arrow decided not to mess around anymore and took out his sword and stabbed the man in the chest effectively ending his life.

"Well, that was easy." Artemis said.

"Yeah, it was. So, what do we do about all of the hostages?" Black Canary asked.

"We find a way to get them back to the mainland. I don't know how yet, but I know that is what we will have to do." Arrow said.

"Ok, maybe when we get back to the mainland we can pay for a ship to come and get them." Supergirl said as she and the rest of the team joined Arrow, Black Canary, and Artemis.

"That sounds like a plan. I would say that we could take them on our ship once it gets here, but that would mean that they would know about the League and they would have to die because of that, unless they decided to join." Arrow said and the rest of the team nodded.

The team went around and told the hostages what was going to happen now and they all agreed to it. They knew that once the heroes got to land, they would pay for a ship to come and pick them up. As for when the ship came and picked up the heroes, the hostages would need to stay hidden because they would be killed if they were found alive.

"There is one more thing that I have to do before we leave." Arrow said as he walked over to the idol and destroyed it.

"I have a feeling that something that powerful might be able to rebuild itself. From what I know about this stuff, we should probably spread it out or maybe just take a piece of it so that it would never be complete." Flash said.

"I will let you take care of that then, since you know the most about this kind of stuff." Arrow said and Flash nodded as he picked up one of the bigger pieces and put it in one of the compartments on his suit and then the heroes made their way down to the beach to wait for their ship to arrive.

. . .

The next day they were back on the mainland where they would make their way back to Nanda Parbat, but first they had to keep their promise to the hostages that were still on the island. Once they had done that, they joined back up with the other League members and made their way back home.

They knew that they would not have to resume their training until the next day, which was why they were all kneeling in front of their master now. "I am pleased with what I am hearing about your mission. It didn't take you as long as I thought it would. Go and get some rest. You will resume your training at dawn." Ras said and the heroes nodded, rising to their feet and left the throne room so that they could get their rest.