Chapter 12 ♥️ Questions

"What? Oh no, nononono... I was just too busy working, I forgot that food was a thing." You didn't forget at all, but eating would've meant a break, and a break would've meant thinking, and thinking would've meant 'Am I right?'.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Hmm... Something smells fishy here..." He mumbled.

"Huh?" You questioned not really thinking.

"Y/N!" He suddenly screamed, making you sit back up.

"Yes sir! Uh... What is it?" You were very tired, your hunger and overwork fused together to ruin your day. In conditions like this you wouldn't visit Jevil but going back to your room wasn't an option.

"... You look and sound pretty tired, tired..." He admitted with a worried face.

"Oh, is it that obvious?" You asked chuckling, your laugh wasn't accompanied though, it died soon enough when you realized Jevil was genuinely worried for your health "Well, what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to go to sleep" He said seriously.

"But I won't be able to spend time with you then-"

"Who cares?!" He laughed in a desperated manner "I'm not gonna lose my only friend to inanition! We can play once you can stand up straight!" He said pouting.

You scoffed "I can stand up straight!" You said getting up too fast and nearly fainting, you used the bars to support you while looking down trying to focus on not to fall which only worried Jevil more. Your face soon blushed and perked up as you felt Jevil grab your hands that were still on the bars, you never noticed how close you two usually stood in front of each other until now.

"WhOA" You jumped back flustered and got away from him. "Sorry, you scared me!" You smiled as you struggled to find a pose in which to put your hands in, you just moved them back and forth between different places "So um, ah... I... I should sleep eh? I should sleep!" You said awkwardly spinning and going up the stairs, leaving behind a very worried and confused jester "Of course I should sleep! God, what was I thinking?! Hahaha! Thanks Jevil, you are... THE BEST!" You spoke without thinking while you were getting further away from him, you didn't know if those words were meant to help you or him, needless to say it calmed down neither of both.

As soon as you got into the elevator and pressed the button you slid to the floor groaning with both of your hands on your face, you hugged your knees and looked in front of you, the travel was somewhat long.

You didn't know what to do, Jevil was down there too busy being worried and now you're even worse. Who knows what you're feeling? "Maybe I should go to sleep like Jevil said" You spoke in a low voice to yourself as the doors of the elevator opened. You looked at the view before getting an idea "Or..." You said getting up "I can ask Seam if this is just how Jevil behaves!" You said to yourself zooming out of the castle "Hahaha! After all, what better time to do this? I'm not exhausted at all haha!" You laughed to yourself, you were sure some of your co-workers heard you laugh alone.

After running for some while which tired you even further, you reached Seam's little shop, you waved at him while panting heavily, he noticed you and left whatever matter he was attending to put his full attention to you "Hey Seam!" You said in between breaths, resting your elbow on his stand trying to look smooth but you just slipped and nearly fell.

Seam laughed amused "Good to see you too stranger" He said in his soft voice.

"Y/N! My name's Y/N! I won't go away again without you knowing my name"

"Well then, good to see you too Y/N." He said putting aswell one of his elbows on the stand to support his head "Besides being earlier than at our last visit you look fairly more tired."

"I overworked myself" You laughed getting back to your previous position, making sure not to slip again.

"Haha, is that so?" He asked gracefully, "Why is that?"

"I overslept..." You gritted through your teeth, Seam just laughed again "I'm not here to vent about Rouxls though, I'm here for Jevil."

"Oh wow, you're already complaining? Maybe I underestimated him" He said with a more shocked face.

"No no, it's not, 'complaining'" You said air quoting with your fingers "But he's just... How to say it..." You thought out loud

"Cold and honest?"

"Extremely welcoming and kind"

"..." You both remained silent.

"Well that's new!" He laughed.

"It is? What the hell?" You asked while he laughed.

"Jevil being kind! That's a first! Can you give me an example of such behaviour, it's hard to believe" He said chuckling.

"Just now! I went to visit him but he saw my state and sent me directly to sleep! He looked extremely worried!" You said.

"Hmm... That is weird" He said getting up and into his shop, you hoped he would come back with some weird item as before but he instead came back with a cup of some liquid and a chair, sitting in front of you while drinking "Tell me more" He said smiling.

"Seam dude!" You said raising your arms "You're the only one I can talk to and you're here sipping tea!" You added.

"This is new to me! He has never behaved that way towards anyone new, sure, he did with me, but we've known each other for decades" He said "What do you think it is that makes him act like this?"

"What are you, my therapist?" You said sarcastically before sighing "I have no clue" You looked to your left to admire the view. "He's just... A great friend! Along with his weird riddles and ways of expressing he's just so fun, he even did this weird thing where he teleported us to some amazing place, not sure what the hell was that, but cool flex." You laughed at that last phrase, you smiled and looked back at Seam, you were met with a completely flabbergasted face from Seam, he blinked a few times before speaking "Uh..."

"..."

"Did I... Break you?" You said straightening your back.

"No... Well, maybe, Jevil did all of that?" He questioned with disbelief.

"He did!" You affirmed.

"I would love to help but I am just as confused as you" He admitted, hearing what you hoped for worst "I am rather intrigued though, if you manage to figure out what is happening please do tell! I am here for any update you have regarding this situation" He said.

"God damn you Seam, cut it with the fancy lexicon and just tell me you want gossip!" You raised your voice but not reaching a level high enough to consider it yelling, Seam just smiled, you wondered if these two spent so much time together that they started to have the same personality traits "Ugh..." You groaned "Anyway, I am pretty tired so I'm going back to the castle to sleep" You said starting to walk away "Good night Seam" You said smiling and waving back at him.

"Good night Y/N, I hope you get a good sleep"

"Doubt it" You said to yourself, already far enough for him to hear you anyway "I swear to God Jevil if you choose to make me your new bff I'm gonna murder someone" You muttered to yourself.

When you finally made it back to the castle you got to the elevator and stopped dead in your tracks before pushing a button, your hand hovered over the floor where your room was and pressed it.

You didn't have time nor energy to visit Jevil now.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for missing last week's update, life has been busy recently (┬┬﹏┬┬)

28/09/2022 The chapter has been edited :·)