Chapter 2 ♦️ Strange Prisoner

You jumped back startled and fell onto the ground, you hurt your head badly, as you held it with your hand, you looked into the jail cell once more to see someone grasping at the bars.

You stood paralyzed and screamed with confusion "Who the hell are you?!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Your breathing sped up. Who the hell was this guy?

"I'M JEVIL, JEVIL!" You saw a man grasping at the bars, he was around your height, maybe smaller, he had a greyish skin with a hint of purple, some elf looking ears, the typical jester hat divided in purple and black, one for each side, something on his neck that were like little triangles colored yellow and green, a black cape, purple shirt with black diamond drawings, black puffy pants complemented with black suspenders and green shoes. Along with a toothy smile and lines across his eyes. A purple tail that reminded you of a demon, except it ended in a J. He had some snow white strands of hair that fled from his hat. His appearance wasn't too weird considering how other people look here, have you seen Rouxls? His mouth is melting or something.

"Hello there Jevil..." You don't know how you managed to not stutter but you were pleased about it.

"SO LONELY, LONELY I BE..." He started. "BUT LO, A VISITOR STANDING INSIDE?"

"Wha, I g-guess?" You said, getting back up, your hand still on your head, his gaze followed you, or so you supposed, his eyes were pure black "Why are you here-"

"I AM INNOCENT, INNOCENT" He cut you off "I JUST WANTED TO PLAY A GAME, GAME! BUT THE BORING KINGS FOUND SUCH FUN TO BE A TROUBLE" He spoke very loudly, adding more to his mysterious aura. "AS PUNISHMENT, THEY CRAVED TO IMPRISON MY BODY"

'That's a weird way of speaking, please don't be another Rouxls' You thought.

"BUT I'M FAST, FAST, CLEVER, CLEVER! THEY LOST THE CHASE AND LOCKED UP THEIR ENTIRE RACE, BUILDING A PRISON AROUND THE WHOLE WORLD, NOW I'M THE ONLY FREE ONE" He did little jumps while speaking which you found amusing.

You stared confused at this specimen. If this guy was as dangerous as he looks you would have heard about him by now, you may not have friends but you were updated in every drama going around town thanks to one of your co-workers. "Um, Jevil is it? I'm afraid to say you are the one locked..." You stated the obvious.

"THINGS DON'T SEEM SUCH FROM HERE!" He answered.

"Well, Mr. Jevil, I'm here to clean, it's a pleasure meeting you but I need to go-" You grabbed your broom back and started to compose yourself trying to run away from this situation.

"WAIT WAIT!" He interrupted, one of his arms getting out of the bars, grabbing the cloth surrounding your shoulders, making you face him. "I GROW LONELY IN MY LITTLE FREEDOM" He said.

"I..." You stared scared, his grip was still on your clothes "What do you want from me?"

"A FRIEND, FRIEND!" He said, retrieving his arm to grab the bars once more. It stung your heart, you didn't know why he was here as he didn't quite explain it, you could tell he was crazy but who knows what he is capable of. Yet you felt bad. You knew what it felt like, being isolated like that, having an opportunity to change it isn't a common event.

"Ok... I can be your friend..?" You smiled softly. Jevil's expression turned happier. "But don't scream so much!" You said.

"Sorry, sorry!" He said in a normal tone laughing. You didn't feel like cleaning either so slacking off seemed like a good choice. You were glad to figure out the mystery of this floor. Who knew it was a little jester guy? "What is your name, name?"

"Oh, I'm Y/N" You sat on the floor.

"A pleasure to meet thou!" He said sitting as well.

"Oh god please don't say that, enough with Rouxls." You said, you were gonna have nightmares with Hamlet at this point.

"Rouxls Kaard? The King's assistant, assistant?" He asked.

"You know him?"

"I do! He wasn't quite fond of me!" He said everything in such a happy tone it blurred out the intention of the phrase, a smiling poker face.

"No one is fond of him" You sighed thinking about him, you got Jevil's laugh in return, a very loud and eccentric one, it fit him.

"You are funny, funny! But who are you to be inside this castle?" He asked curiously.

"Oh, I'm a mere servant, I clean." You pointed to the broom you left fall at some point into the conversation.

"I see..." He said trailing off while looking at it.

"Which talking about, I should continue." You got up and Jevil followed suit.

"WAIT WAIT YOU CAN'T LEAVE LEAVE!" He raised his voice again, his mouth holding a smile but his face showing doubt.

"I can't be here all day!" You said while picking up all the dust "Look, I have work, and Rouxls wouldn't be happy if he found out I was slacking off" You started to make your way up the stairs, Jevil's screams were heard, you felt horrible ignoring him.

"Y/N! Y/N! COME BACK!" He screamed.

"I'll be back!" You screamed back, already reaching the top.

"PROMISE?" He yelled.

You were already at the top, waiting for the elevator "Promise!" You said back. You didn't hear a reply and got back onto the elevator.

You sighed and started to process what just happened. You were going to ask Rouxls about what the hell was going down there. Also, you weren't quite sure if you were going to actually visit him.
You just got rid of the dust as soon as possible and looked for Rouxls, asking a few people on the way. Soon enough you found him.

"Rouxls!" You said trying to get his attention.

"Y/N? What isth the matter?" He asked

"Who the hell is Jevil?" You said, not feeling like hiding it. Quickly Rouxls put a finger over your mouth, signalling you to shush. He slowly retrieved his finger and looked around.

"Followeth me" He said quietly. You follow suit into a more private part of the castle, a room that wasn't very common to visit. "Did you speaketh to thee?" He said in a low tone.

"Well yeah?" You said confused, just what did he do? Rouxls sighed "You didn't tell me anything about a prisoner!" You said back.

"I didn't expect you to talketh to such scum!" He said whisper-yelling. "You cannot talk to that individual! Understood?" He told you.

"Yes, but why? What happened?" You were curious.

"That has noneth importance" he said, opening the room and getting out "Don't goeth there nor speak about thee to the workers." He said fully out, closing the door behind him.

What. 'If I wasn't supposed to talk to him why the hell didn't you just warn me?!' You thought.

You sighed and got out of the room as well. What were you going to do now? Rouxls clearly doesn't want you nor anyone to even acknowledge his existence, yet you promised Jevil you were going to come back.
The thing is, besides Rouxls being your 'boss', you didn't really listen to him a lot, instead you could actually get in real trouble and Jevil looked like fun! Dangerous as hell. But fun! Plus you felt bad for him. Being alone all that time in that cell must feel horrible. Sure, there must be a reason regarding why he's there, but if no one wants to tell you then it's not your fault. Right?

It probably is, not gonna lie.

Still, for now, you listened to him. Jevil might seem cool and mysterious but he gives off a horrible feeling, an insecurity about your safety, besides his jester appearance you felt like the fool. What if he trapped you there? Or hurt you? Or kill you even? If he managed to do any of that, magic would be surely involved considering the situation he's in, it isn't unlikely, this world is truly strange.

You knew you were going to come back to Jevil eventually, but you wanted information, you wanted to know more about Jevil, more than 'Oh, he's trapped here'.