Chapter Thirteen

"Why don't you play with my sister instead?" I cry.

"Carol isn't as pretty as you."

I'm sobbing. "I need a break. I'm sure she'd like to play."

He laughs. "I don't care what you need. What I need is to play. Now."

"But, Carol's home!" I gasp.

"I don't care," hisses.

He climbs on me. I look away from him.

I see Carol at the door. She's looking at me. "HELP!" I mouth.

She's thirteen. She knows what he's doing.

She can tell mommy! I'm free!

She closes the door. "CAROL!" I scream. I can't help it.

"WHY WON'T YOU HELP ME?!" I demand.

She just closes the door.

"I think that went well," I said, grinning at him as we went up the elevator to the house.

"They hated me at first," he laughed.

"I guess your mini love confession won them over."

He surprised me by grabbing my hands, pushing me against the elevator wall. His lips attacked mine. I didn't hesitate to react as I moaned against him. His sudden wild kiss was driving me crazy.

I tried to move my hands, to wrap them around him and pull him closer to me, but he held my hands firmly in place above me.

"You're so beautiful," he groaned against me, moving his lips so that he was kissing my neck.

I laughed. "You're not too bad yourself."

He pulled away, groaning in complaint as he rested his head on my shoulder. "Your cheesy joke ruined the moment."

I laughed wildly. After I recovered, I wrapped my arms around his back, stroking gently. "I guess I shouldn't be a comedian, then?"

"You're just making it worse," he muttered.

The doors opened, and we pulled apart. After I grinned at him for a minute or two and he rolled his eyes a couple of times, we walked to the couch. I instantly threw myself on it, eyes closing automatically. "I'm so tired," I sighed.

He sat down at my feet, lifting my legs so that they draped over his lap. "I can tell."

My phone buzzed, and I quickly pulled it out of my pocket. It was from my mom. I read aloud, "Loved Carter. Your sister is almost in town since she left Virginia a few hours after us. We're having family dinner. Carter's coming, and so are you."

He grinned. "Apparently I made a good impression."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. I'm going to take a nap."

"Alright," he murmured, kissing my hand before I fell asleep.

I woke up and stretched my back, yawning. I noticed I was still on the couch, and that Carter was sleeping.

I reluctantly sat up, groaning in complaint. I wanted to go back to sleep. I quickly looked at the time. 5:30pm! I'd slept for a long time!

I smiled wildly when I saw Carter. I loved to watch him sleep; he looked so carefree, so gentle. I traced my fingers over his sharp jawline, kissing his nose.