Chapter 10: Mother's warmth and Son's ascension

Start from the beginning

Mei: I see now... The reason behind your motives...

Cinder didn't speak this time while her son Ash is on guard before Mei grabs her dusted katana while blood leaks out on her head. She looks to Cinder one more time but instead of a hard glare, it's somewhat sympathetic. 

Mei: You still have a life to go back to, don't end up like me. I am beyond saving, but you still have a reason to go back. 

Cinder frowned as her amber eyes soften this time before Mei walks off this time, both women reflected on their pasts and the current situation they are today. 

One was far beyond saving and already in the dark, while the other dwelled and almost got lost in the dark but she was saved by the light before it was too late. 

Ash: *to Cinder* Mother....

Cinder: *sighs and looks to Ash* Let's go. I explain what happened here... We need to find Ozpin under all of this mess here. 

Ash: *nods* You rest up a bit mom, I do the work here. Just lay down near the entrance and let me do the task. 

Cinder nodded weakly as Ash puts her down onto a wall gently before he looks onto the mess in the vault. Yep they have a lot of explaining to the others later. 

*Meanwhile with Y/N and Fiora*

No one POV

Church: *coms* RIGHT!

Multiple lightning attacks razed the grounds of Vale as Fiora is seen still carrying Y/N on her arms while dodging the attacks thanks to her speed boost unit on her suit. 

Fiora: I know what I am doing! Mark down the location near the evacuation area and focus the healing unit on Y/N's suit! 

Fiora grunted as she keeps running fast while Church keeps Y/N's suit stable and energizes the healing unit. They were on a life or death situation at the moment. 

As Fiora is doing her best to avoid the attacks, she barely noticed that Y/N is slowly waking up despite he's bleeding inside his suit. Y/N stirred as his vision is blurry due to the damage he received but he can tell that his mom is carrying him. 

Y/N M-mom....?

Fu Hua: Hold on a little further Y/N! I'm trying to heal you with Church at the moment!

Fiora continues to run but she noticed that the dragon is now flying towards them instead from behind this time. She cursed when the dragon launches a lightning ball towards them. 

Fiora: Hold on! Brace for impact!

She drifts to her left but the explosion shakes the whole area and any weak buildings around them collapsed due to the impact. The dragon screeches as the masked man on top of the dragon looks around and grimaces.