Chapter ten

Knock, knock.

"He Tian!" Jian Yi shouted tiredly. "Tiaaaaan!"

"What do you want, Yi?" a voice responded, equally exhausted.

"I- I was thinking—"

"Don't do that. You always come up with shitty ideas."

"I WAS THINKING," Jian Yi cleared his throat. "I like adopt a cat and name it Xixi so I'm never alone."

The door opened to reveal a fed up He Tian.

"No." He shook his head. "Don't do that. Plus, you have me, Mo, Qiu and.. Cheng.. You don't need your.. Xixi."

"Hey what if I said something crazy right now?"

"Oh, don't do that, Yi—"

"I think I love someone."

He Tian groaned and signalled for him to come in with his hand. Once Jian Yi sat on the bed, He Tian threw him a unicorn pillow — something he saved whenever Jian Yi needed a talking-to and got emotional.

"This better not be any bullshit, Yi." Tian rubbed his eyes and sat on the bed next to his brother. "It's two in the morning but I'm listening." And then Jian Yi started sobbing into the unicorn pillow. "Boy am I glad I gave that to you."

He Tian started to rub the other's back slowly as his brain was too tired and lethargic to think about what was going on. Luckily, the unicorn pillow could do all the work, so he allowed his body to fall back onto his own pillow and closed his eyes. He felt something lay down next to him and assumed it was Jian Yi.

"Talk. Promise I'm listening." He Tian mumbled.

"Okay so—"

But He Tian was already asleep and Jian Yi kept rambling throughout the night about the 'love if his life'.

"Tian!" the pale blond tried to shake his brother awake. "Tian, it's seven in the morning! You hav'ta go to work!"

He Tian's eyes were open after a few more shakes, kicks and punches from his younger brother.

"Man, I had the craziest dream." he groaned as he sat up and rubbed his eyes. "It was about you and you were in front of me in a .. a place which I didn't recognise and— and you were talking about that guy you seem to be in love with." he started to stretch his arms and legs. "Also Brother Qiu will be coming over today." he added.

"Ugh, Manager Qiu. He's going to inform me about boring stuff." Jian Yi whined. "I'm leaving!"

"It's so early! Where are you even going?" He Tian rubbed his eyes again, turning them into a dark red.

"Somewhere, I dunno. I'll find a place." Jian Yi said quickly as he ran down the stairs and hastily slipped on his shoes.

"Yi—"

Slam.

"I'll be gone for some time, Tian." the pale blond said to himself as he locked the door.

———

Jian Yi had been sitting in the same spot for hours now. He could tell it's been a long time since the air was warmer and the Sun was currently hiding behind some clouds, in the middle of the sky.

"Jian Yi?" someone called his name.

"What?" he knew that voice too well. The voice which always told him off during work but he knew the owner of the voice loved him anyway.
"Director." he smiled. "What a coincidence.. that you're here!"

"Uhh, yeah. This is the studio I work in." Director crossed their arms with a frown now forming on their face. "You got a problem or anything, Little Yi?"