Chapter six

Zhan Zhengxi felt himself shiver as he regained consciousness, all the memories of what happened last night returning. His hands searched for the other's warmth but found none. Where was Jian Yi?

The dirty blond felt a blanket placed below his arms and was now falling onto the floor. No matter how thick and soft it was, he couldn't feel cozy and mellow.

So allowed his eyes to do the searching as his hands failed.

"Yi?" he called out. He moved his gaze towards the low table which was in front of the couch. A stack of pancakes with some syrup slipping off them, flooding the plate. It reminded him of a castle with a moat.

He looked around to see if this was anyone's breakfast. After 10 minutes of waiting, it was confirmed that the meal was left for him. Lukewarm pancakes with a hint of cinnamon filled his stomach this morning. The door suddenly unlocked and the idol turned his head around swiftly. His heart beat declined once he saw who it was.

"Where were you?"

Jian Yi placed a mug of some hot pale green liquid Zhan Zhengxi didn't recognize and sat down on the arm chair to the right side of the low table.

"Cooking you breakfast! I thought of going home but I would be worrying if you ate or not after I left."

Zhan Zhengxi nodded and Jian Yi swore he saw a small smile on his face.

"What's this?" he pointed to the mug.

"Chamomile tea!"

"No way.. It's not that colour."

"When you add milk, it is."

"I don't like this tea. It smells gross."

Jian Yi rolled his eyes before picking up the mug and chugging down the beverage. Once he was done, he complained about his now burnt tongue.

"Go put some toothpaste on it." Zhan Zhengxi advised.

"Stop! Ma instructed me to do that when I was six and it never worked. Instead, it hurt my tongue even more.." he whined.

Zhan Zhengxi chuckled a bit and rolled his eyes while saying, "Maybe it doesn't work.. for you."

The two talked (and argued) some more before getting the giggles. After that was some silence which felt comfortable at first but awkward a while later. Jian Yi decided to speak.

"So.. did you remember what I told you last night, Xixi?" Jian Yi asked softly.

Zhan Zhengxi bit his lip in worry. He wasn't able to even hear what the pale blond whispered to him. What should he say?

"Ah.. I couldn't.. I was extremely drowsy. My ears never picked up what you told me." Zhan Zhengxi replied, leaning forward.

"Oh." the other's face fell.

"But!" Zhan Zhengxi piped up. "You could tell me what you said again?"

"Oh, nope it's fine." Jian Yi let out a nervous laugh. He cleared his throat and sprang up from the arm chair. "What are we doing today?"

Zhan Zhengxi also stood up and placed his arms behind his back, staring at the plant next to the door.

"I was thinking.. we can go on a thingy together." Zhan Zhengxi managed to say without stumbling on his words. Good. That mirror practise he had yesterday morning was useful!

"Thin-gy?" Jian Yi repeated, breaking up the word. Of course, he new what the idol was asking but he desired to be asked out properly. He couldn't help the grin forming on his face.