Chapter nine

"JIAN YI!" a high pitched voice shouted and was followed by some quick footsteps, before arms wrapped around the pale blond's torso.

"X-xiao Hui!" Jian Yi stuttered as he was surprised about the embrace he was pulled in. He spun around and wrapped his own arms under her shoulders, bending a bit as Xiao Hui was shorter.

"Oh, I'm so glad Xi got you back." Xiao Hui gasped and let go of the other. "I was worried about you!"

"Why is everyone so worried about me?" Jian Yi sighed, now resting his arms above her shoulders so he could keep his legs straight.

"Because you're loved, that's why." someone said behind him and he knew who it was instantly.

"By who?" Jian Yi smiled and kept looking down at Hui.

"By me." now the actor turned around. "And He Tian."

"Zhengxi, I hope you're well rested because a lot of the scenes we film today include Hugo." Xiao Hui turned around and walked away after giving a small wave.

Zhengxi watched Hui leave with a small smile which grew once his eyes focused on the pale blond in front of him.

"Well?" Jian Yi took a step forward, a grin forming on his face. "Are you well rested?"

Zhengxi rolled his eyes and walked straight to Jian Yi, pulling him into a hug. "I guess."

"Wow," Jian Yi chuckled. "I wonder if I'd get a hug from Director too."

"You're not worried that I'm not well rested?" Zhengxi looked down, releasing Jian Yi from the embrace.

"You said 'I guess', so no." Jian Yi grinned wider.

"That means 'No, I was thinking about you. If you were sleeping fine.'" Zhengxi rolled his eyes again.

"I see." Jian Yi nodded. "If you were worried about me, I suppose it's fair if I'm worried about you. Am I right?"

"Correct." And Jian Yi was pulled back into his idol's arms.

———

Sigh.

"You know, if you sigh a lot, you get wrinkles quicker." someone said.

"Now that's not true, Qiu." Jian Yi grumbled.

"Oh.. He Cheng told me that this morning." Qiu muttered. "Anyway, why are you exhaling so much?"

"Because when I inhale, I also exhale." Jian Yi turned his head to look at his manager. Brother Qiu didn't move his gaze to Jian Yi as driving a car was a lot different than a motorcycle. His shoulders were tense and hunched, his eyes were concentrated on the road, but he was still able to ask about Jian Yi's condition.

"I meant exhaling dramatically, loudly, and sadly." Brother Qiu hissed as he almost hit the car next to theirs. "Actually, let's talk at home."

"I don't wanna talk at home!" Jian Yi huffed. "There's nothing to talk about."

"Aren't you supposed to be happy? You know, since you're done — MOVE!" Qiu honked as the car in front didn't budge when the light turned green. "Sorry. Since you're done with the movie, aren't you glad?"

"Glad?" Jian Yi repeated. "Glad about leaving Xiao Hui and Zhan Zhengxi? My two really good friends? Fuck, I enjoyed acting with them." he paused for a second before continuing. "I've never felt this way in years."

Screech.

"WHAT?" Brother Qiu shouted, ignoring the honks they received.

"Nothing! Focus on the road!" Jian Yi exclaimed. Brother Qiu huffed in response and turned his head, but his wide eyes filled with curiousity didn't change. He decided to ask about it back at home (even if the actor didn't want to talk about it at home).

———

Days have passed and that depressing feeling stuck to Jian Yi like glue. After what felt like the 100th sigh, He Tian stood up as he decided to check on his younger brother.

"You know if you sigh a lot —"

"I get wrinkles I know!" Jian Yi snapped, embracing the pillow placed on his chest tightly.

"No..." He Tian mumbled. "I was gonna say you get even more gloomy. You can talk to me, Yi."

Jian Yi was about to sigh but thought carefully and rolled his eyes instead.

"I want to act with Xixi." Jian Yi said in a low voice, dropping his chin on the pillow.

"Ah.. You miss him?" He Tian took out his phone. Brother Qiu knows more about his career so he would be able to solve all Jian Yi's issues.

"I guess." Jian Yi grumbled. "What'cha doing?"

"Texting Brother Qiu." He Tian looked at his phone a second time. "Never mind, he's busy with Cheng."

"Cheng? What's he doing with Big Bro?" Jian Yi asked.

"Dunno." He Tian shrugged. "The only solution i can think of is quitting."

"Maybe I should—"

"NOT!" a voice shouted. The two turned their heads to see their favourite redhead, who was soaked from the harsh weather. He quickly slid off his shoes and jogged over to the two, throwing his backpack to He Tian before sitting down on the arm rest which was next to Jian Yi.

"You should not." Mo said sternly.

"Why?" Jian Yi asked. "And how did you get in here?"

"Listen, I made that mistake and look where I am now! I work at some restaurant with a lower pay than you and a place where everyone is so annoying, stupid and idiotic. Come on, you found your little light. Now let it spread and maybe you can rekindle that love for acting!" Mo responded. Jian Yi looked a bit confused so he added, "I was given a spare key from He Tian." and the actor's face relaxed with a smile.

"Alright. Okay. But how can I keep this 'little light' of mine when the movie's over." Jian Yi frowned.

"You have a phone! Just text him if you can hang out for a bit and maybe make it a weekly thing." Mo thought for a moment. "Wait, not like dates. Take them as acting classes from your idol!"

"Okay.." Jian Yi stood up and stretched his arms a bit. "I will! Yeah." he started to walk up the stairs. Once Jian Yi was out of sight, He Tian turned to Mo.

"Little Mo.. why did you make that mistake?" He Tian asked.

"What mistake?"

"The mistake of resigning from acting."

Mo was silent for some time. He stared at the marble floor and leaned back, allowing his head to fall on the couch's soft pillow.

"Don't know." Mo mumbled. "Just stupid at the time."

Now He Tian knew that wasn't the truth.

"You're dumb but smarter than Jian Yi. And that's a lot." He Tian pointed out. "There's no way you were just 'stupid' at the time."

Mo frowned and his body sank into the couch further. He let out a sigh before revealing the truth to He Tian.

"I felt the same way Jian Yi used to feel. Like acting wasn't a choice and it slowly drained me." Mo started to pick the small pieces of loose fabric from a pillow he found on the floor. "I was ashamed. I didn't want to tell any of you because it was silly that I was the only one feeling this way."

"But that feeling wasn't silly." He Tian said quietly.

"Yeah but I never wanted to talk about it." Mo turned to He Tian with a sharp look. "If you ever tell anyone you dick—"

"Why would you think I'm like that? Your secret's safe with me." He Tian reassured with his usual smirk. "And if you ever feel shitty, talk to me Momo."

"Starting to wish I never told you." Mo groaned.