Chapter 23

Well, it's been a long time since I've written in you diary. I got really busy after finding Lena, one of my friends from high school. I laid her to rest as she passed from her wounds, although looking back on it now I believe she turned after I left. Soon I was able to find everyone else that I hung out with in high school and learned of a sactuary for survivors, called paradise.

     We went through a lot together, I even encountered a talking zombie that tried to kill me. We pushed through, but when we were so close to paradise our car crashed, and Tyler was bitten by a zombie who busted through the car windows. Harper stayed behind with him, unable to leave the love of her life alone.

     There hasn't been a single day that I have cried, I miss them all so much. But now the four of us have reached paradise, and I think we are going to be okay. Over time we will heal.

The paradise workers assigned us all jobs to help around the place. Patrick is being trained as a mechanic, Amber and Gale have joined the military in weapon training, and I have gone to the medical center to get regular testing done.

     They said that I'm a big help in their research in finding a cure, and after I begged them they agreed to train me as a nurse. Everything seems to be looking up for us, I hope that we can all find happiness again in this ruined world. I'll never forget my promise to you Harper. I'll return to you one day, I swear.

Goodbye Diary, hopefully I'll write in you again soon.
~Ryan.