Chapter 28 - She can't marry the prince

Ian Areballo's Point of View

"Ian, come watch the news!" Clara said excitedly. 

I hurriedly walked towards the living room to join her, I don't know what's happening but if she's calling me during the news then it must be important. 

Pagkadating ko, commercial na kaya tinignan ko si Clara and she smiled widely at me "She can't marry him!" she announced. 

Nagulat naman ako sa sinabi niya at tinignan ko siya ng seryoso. "Seriously! Nagtatalo ngayon yung mga tao!" she said to me and she urge me to sit beside her.

And I did "Anong ibig mong sabihin?" I asked her. 

"She's a Catholic!" Clara said. "The laws in England hasn't change!" 

I breathe deeply. "Clara, they can still marry." sabi ko naman. 

She rolled her eyes. "Do you really think Prince Harry would forfeit his succession just to marry her?" she asked. 

The law in England states that if a monarch marries a Roman Catholic then he/she would have to forfeit his line in succession to throne. 

And I do think, Prince Harry would do anything just to marry her. Mahal niya si Elena at matagal na niyang hinintay si Elena, so a religion is a trivial problem for them. 

The news came back and hindi naman ang mga Brtisih people ang pinapakita kundi ang mga Pilipino, they are the one who are protesting with the marriage dahil it was rumored that Elena would convert. Sympre ang mga matatatag na Katoliko sa Pilipinas ay umaayaw dahil bakit daw niya papalitan yung religion niya. 

That she's converting because she wanted Harry to stay in the line of succession. They're using her mother against her, who converted para sa dad ni Elena, pero diba it's contradicting? 

"It has been decided that Elena Rodriguez would convert to Anglicanism for Prince Harry remain in his line of succession to the throne." the British reporter said. "Elena's home country have been protesting the convertion but Elena had already decided to convert for Prince Harry's sake." she said. 

"See I told you tuloy ang kasal." sabi ko kay Clara. 

Tinignan lang niya ako ng masama "Hindi pa." sabi niya "Sa tingin mo titigil na yung tao dahil nagdecide na siya? Tandaan mo presidente ang ama niya at nasa mahirap na posisyon siya ngayon dahil that family pledge their loyalty to the Church." she said.

Tama naman siya eh. The Rodriguez have always been loyal to the Church. Ang Simbahan na din ang isa sa mga dahilan kung bakit nakaupo ngayon ang dad ni Elena sa pwesto niya ngayon. At kung bakit isa parin sila sa pinakamakapangyarihan na pamilya sa bansang ito.