Chapter 26 - Secrets unfolding

Ian Areballo's Point of View

"Why is she again marrying the guy?" I looked at the person who was watching the news that I was also watching, she was unbuttoning her shirt while watching as the news unfold. 

I shrugged and just kept my eyes on the television. 

"Oh right! It's all because of one stupid guy." she said nonchalantly. "Didn't even follow her and tell her the truth." she added. 

I groaned in frustration "And whose fault was that?" I eyed her. 

And she raised both hands as a sign that she lost the argument "Ok. Ok. I'm sorry ok. I got cuirous as to why the ring was at the living room, so cuirousity got over me and I tried it on! So what? You should have told her you love her!" she said. 

"I did. But she won't believe me" I said defeated. 

Clara sat down with me and sighed in regret. She was happy when I told her about Elena coming back to Manila and how I desperately wanted to see her, and when Clara made me watched the interview of Elena, I was so happy, she revealed our relationship. I was so happy and excited to see her that I jumped into a plane to see her once again. 

I couldn't control my body when I saw her eating her dinner alone but then James Romauldez sat down with her. I wanted to go and let her see me but I decided I against it and just waited at her room. 

Two years were long enough so I didn't waste any time and just devoured her when she entered the room. I thought that everything was ok but she was gone when I woke. It broke me and so I called her but she answered it without knowing it was me. 

I called her while she was somewhere with her prince, I wanted her back. I wanted her so much but she hung up on me. At Paris, she left again. And it kept me wondering why. 

And 2 nights ago, she came to visit me and I was so shocked to see her. I didn't think she'd come back to me at that moment. She asked me if I was still in love with her, damn that was so funny. How could I ever fall out of love with that woman? 

It took me some time to get a hold of myself and not laughed at her because I saw how serious and determined she was. 

I then saw tears falling from her face and I wanted to hold her in my arms. And she spoke everything in her heart. Little did she know she was wrong. Everything she said was wrong. May babalikan pa siya dahil naghintay ako sa kanya. 

Naghintay ako kahit sobra akong nahihirapan. 

She thought of Clara as somone I was seeing but she was on wrong, I am not seeing Clara, she was just a good friend. Kahit pa may history kami ni Clara we both knew we could never work, that's why we broke things off.