E P I L O G U E

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

You were never on my side

Fool me once, fool me twice.

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

On the night of October 31st 1981, no one could have predicted what was going to happen

Eve and James had no idea that they could have been murdered in their home protecting their children. Well, if they were home that was but they weren't.

Eve and James were in St. Mungo's with their daughter Adeline because no matter what they tried, she was still crying, and heaving and her temperature was beyond worrying. Instead, Amanda Brooks was babysitting her grandson.

She had been the one who gave her life to make sure her only grandson had a chance of survival. It was her, through blood magic, that made sure he wasn't murdered by Lord Voldemort. Amanda Brooks would do anything for her family and she was still doing that when she took her last breath.

James had been the one to find out what happened first when Dumbledore showed up outside the hospital room. He told him everything, including the death of Eve's mother. Dumbledore had left Harry in the care of Remus Lupin and Kala Dale until the Potters were home for he didn't want them to be swarmed by people at the hospital when they heard what had gone down.

James had to explain to Dumbledore that Sirius hadn't been the secret keeper and hadn't been for months. Dumbledore was beyond angry about not being told but didn't think it was a particularly bad idea...but it could have been.

"He's gone? Voldemort?" said James.

"He's gone."

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

On the other side of the town, Raina Edwards had just found out everything that happened as she had been visiting Remus. At once she had apparated home and told Sirius, who was positive he wanted to go Peter Pettigrew hunting.

"No, you aren't going after him!" said Riana, grabbing onto Sirius' arm,"Listen to me, Sirius! Eve just lost her mother. James and Eve nearly lost their son to a dangerous wizard and their daughter to an illness. They have been through a really bad night. They need us, do you understand?"

"Yes," said Sirius, breathing heavily,"But the rat—"

"Listen to me, Haven't we lost enough? Let the Order deal with him, you know they will," said Raina,"I know you'll kill him, I know you will. And as much as I'd love that, our daughter needs her dad, I need you."

"Okay," said Sirius, cupping her face with his hand. "Okay, I'll leave it."

"Good," said Raina, picking up Callisto and passing her to Sirius. "Eve doesn't know yet."

"What do you mean? Dumbledore told James—"

"Eve was with Adeline in the hospital room when he got there," said Raina, putting on her cloak,"He doesn't want to tell her until they're somewhere safe. The house is destroyed."

"They can come here then," said Sirius strongly. "It'll be a little cramped but James will probably want to move into Potter Manor again when he's ready."

Raina nodded. Sirius made sure Callisto was safe in his arms before the two left the house. The little girl that Sirius was blessed to call his daughter was fast asleep.

"And Adeline?" said Sirius.

"She was pretty ill but the sounds of it," replied Raina,"But nothing life-threatening. St. Mungo's will sort her out."

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Eve finding out that her mother had died to protect her son was a devastating thing to witness. She had taken Harry into her arms and clung to him, not letting anyone but James near them for at least twenty minutes. She had sobbed more than she ever had.

The mood was sombre, all the people in their room bowing their heads in a mark of respect. They all felt the pain, the pain of who they had lost during the war. They knew it would still be another hard couple of years.

But it didn't matter because the Marauder's (Minus the traitor Pettigrew) were alive and together. Their kids were going to grow up together with their parents alive.

 Their kids were going to grow up together with their parents alive

The Potter's will return in Part 2 :)