V| Can't you see?

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Can't you see that I'm falling?

Falling for you.

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The news that Olivia Smith was the daughter of the muggle family that had been killed by Death Eaters circulated around the Ravenclaw common room quite quickly

The news that Olivia Smith was the daughter of the muggle family that had been killed by Death Eaters circulated around the Ravenclaw common room quite quickly. She had told the Quidditch Team that she would be leaving —possibly without returning— so they would need a new seeker. She had left her broom, packed her things and left.

That left Raina Edwards, Captain of the team, to find a player the day before the match. Seeker was rather unpopular and the only person who had signed up was a second-year that could barely fly.

"Eve, please!" said Raina,"It's one match. By the next one, we'll have a new seeker. I don't have time for tryouts!"

"I don't see why it has to be me," Eve groaned,"I don't like flying much."

"Because Eve,"Raina emphasised,"You've come to all our practices, you know the team. And you're quick at flying and despite not liking it, you're the best we have."

"And what do I get if I do this?" said Eve, narrowing her eyes.

"I'll get Sirius and his mates to prank that Gryffindor who keeps trying to trip you up when I'm not around," said Raina,"And maybe I'll hex him again."

"Fine," agreed Eve eventually,"But I don't have a broom."

"Don't worry about that, Olivia purposely left hers for me."

Eve wasn't exactly confident as she got changed into the Ravenclaw Quidditch uniform. She could barely face the Great Hall and now Riana was asking her to face an entire stadium.

Trying to find peace and quiet before the match, Eve got changed into the uniform and sat in front of the fire in the head dorms. She was so fascinated by the flame of the fire that she didn't notice James sitting next to her.

"Eve, are you alright?"James asked,"You look a little pale."

"Look at what I'm wearing, what I'm doing," said Eve, wrapping her arms around herself,"Bloody Quidditch...a stadium full of people."

"You don't really focus on who's there," said James,"Just the goal. I didn't realise you played."

"I don't."

"Oh?" James" eyes widened,"What happened to Olivia Smith?"

"Her family was one of the attacked," Eve muttered,"They're in St. Mungo's."

James frowned,"Well, just try and focus on the snitch, alright?"

"You're in Gryffindor, you're not meant to be helping me," said Eve.

"No one can help a little stage fright, Eve," reassured James,"You should eat breakfast before the match though. Want to walk with me to the hall?"

"No!"Eve didn't mean to blurt out,"I mean...it's not you, I just don't go to the hall."