XXii| Slip away

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Please don't slip away

"Cause I'll just keep breakin"

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

July 1979

James had been protective of Eve a lot more than he usually was, which was a lot

James had been protective of Eve a lot more than he usually was, which was a lot. His wife had been struggling with being pregnant, becoming rather sick at random moments or having random fevers. Of course, Amanda Books was there as often as needed to help James out.

Sadly, Euphemia and Fleamont Potter passed away a couple of months after Eve found out she was pregnant. James' parents had been ecstatic about having a grandchild and James knew they died knowing that he would be okay.

James was incredibly torn up about it, having been incredibly close with his parents. Eve comforted him during the weeks and was there for anything he needed; After all, he had always done the same for her.

"Eve, you look really tired. Maybe you should leave this meeting out," said James softly.

"No, I need to go to the meeting. I don't like not knowing things."Eve shook her head," Besides, we said that the group would walk through London, didn't we? To get baby clothes and make sure the muggles are okay."

"I just don't think it's a good idea, Evie," said James,"We have a lot of time to get baby clothes when it's a little closer to the due date."You're only five months."

"I promised Lily,"Eve whined. "I don't break promises."

"Fine,"James put his hands up,"We'll go, all of us."

"Great," Eve tugged her cloak on,"Besides, I don't want to be in the house alone."

"I second you not being in the house alone," James nodded.

He took her hand and they made their way towards the meeting. Since Eve couldn't apparate, getting to meetings was harder than usual and they had to make sure they weren't being followed. More often than not, Raina and Eve would stay back and let the boys tell them what was going on.

The meeting didn't last as long as it usually did. Surprisingly, nothing huge had happened other than one or two muggle killings; Which were still horrifying but mild compared to what else had been happening.

Eve and James were holding hands as they walked down London. Eve's other hand was resting on her pregnant stomach. The bump was growing bigger each day and the couple were rather excited, though nervous, to welcome their first child.

Kaden walked beside James as Eve's husband tried explaining Quidditch to him; Sirius and Raina were somewhere in front of them; Remus and Kala were talking quietly as they walked behind Eve and James.