XXiX| Hang on a little longer

⋅⋅⋅⊰☾∘⊱⋅

It's hard to find the will to fight

When all you can do is survive

⋅⋅⋅⊰☾∘⊱⋅

September/October 1980

When Eve and James Potter were told that they needed a secret keeper, they knew that something was very wrong

Dumbledore had offered to be their secret keeper but James and Eve chose Sirius. He was their best friend and they trusted him more than anything in the world. They knew he would never tell, no matter the situation.

On Adeline's birthday, The marauders all gathered in the living room. Raina, Sirius and Callisto were the first to arrive; Peter, Remus and Kala arrived within minutes of each other. Lily was the last to arrive with a stag teddy for Harry and a wolf teddy for Adeline. Amanda and Michael were arriving later in the day when it wasn't as cramped in the house.

Adeline and Callisto were sat on the floor with James and Sirius. The both of them were talking about their daughters and their first words. Callisto's had been "no" which Raina had blamed over Sirius for weeks after.

Eve was sat on the chair with Lily next to her, who was holding Harry.

"Hawwy!"Adeline giggled,"Baba!"

"Brother,"James repeated. "Brother Harry. Can you say that? Brother Harry?"

"Hawwy!"Adeline repeated.

"Close enough," said James. "Cutie."

"Hawwy?"Callisto clapped.

Sirius groaned,"Why does your daughter say her parents' names but my daughter has to go for 'No' and 'Harry'?"

"Because she's your daughter," said Raina and Eve in sync.

"Dramatic," said Lily.

Sirius rolled his eyes.

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

A few weeks later, being stuck in the house was beginning to drive James insane. Before, it hadn't been so bad because he could still go out. But now, he wasn't allowed anywhere and even if he was, he wouldn't leave Eve, Harry and Adeline.

Lily and Remus always brought things for Harry and Adeline when they came over (and Callisto when they saw her) Adeline had a collection of stuffed animals, including a wolf, stag, dog, rat, phoenix, and many more. Lily would buy baby clothes for Harry too, which Eve appreciated.