XXiV| A million dreams

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I think of what the world could be

A vision of the one I see

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

September 1979

Time passed by quicker than the marauders could ever comprehend

Time passed by quicker than the marauders could ever comprehend. Before they knew it, Eve was eight months pregnant and Raina was five months along. Both of the women had been getting easily frustrated with not being able to do anything to help the Order (though their children would always be more important to them).

As soon as Eve hit the seventh month of being pregnant, the trouble started. She kept falling ill at random times and getting random high fevers. James had completely stopped going to Order meetings to look after her. He didn't mind, Remus and Sirius would visit to let them know of any news.

It had been a Saturday morning when James had woken up to a crying Eve. Confused, he stumbled out of the bed to move around the other side to his wife.

"Eve?" James kneeled in front of where she was sitting on the end of the bed. "Why are you crying?"

"I don't know,"Eve sniffled. "I woke up crying and I can't stop. It's probably just mood swings."

"You're warm again, Evie," said James. "Come on, lie down and I'll make you some hot chocolate."

"No, I'm sick of lying in bed,"Eve stood up with a small wobble. "I'm going downstairs."

James frowned,"You're stubborn, you know that? Right, at least let me help you then."

Eve went limp against his shoulder. Startled, James repeated her name with a shake of her arm. James sent a Patronus to Eve's mother, not sure what else to do. While waiting, he tried to get Eve to respond to him. Within minutes, Amanda responded that he should take her to St. Mungo's and that she'd meet him there.

And so he did because James would do anything for Eve Brooks and their baby.

The minute that Eve regained consciousness in the hospital, the Healers told her that they needed to deliver the baby. Eve didn't register anything else they said after that, why they needed to or if James was allowed to stay with her. She only heard that her baby was going to be born.

Eve's labour had been incredibly hard, full of a lot of crying as James tried his best to soothe her. She had gone even paler than she had been when they arrived and a few times, she was sure she just couldn't go on.

"Eve, please," said James, gripping her hand. "You're nearly there, you can do it. I know you can."

Adeline Eve Potter had been born a month early on September 22nd.