XXVii| Walk through the fire

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Trying to understand How we're here again

In the middle of the storm

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

April 1980

Little Adeline Potter was rather entertaining

Little Adeline Potter was rather entertaining. Her parents would always listen to her giggling. As Eve's stomach grew with Adeline's new sibling, the baby seemed to stare at it a lot. James worked out that she must have understood and found it the most adorable thing in the world.

At six months old, James found out that Adeline loved to be picked up and danced around in her father's arms. Eve would watch the two of them dance sweetly in the living room while she sat with a hand on her baby bump.

When Eve was Seven months old, she began to crawl around the place. It was an entertaining scene when Callisto Black and Adeline Potter were together, Callisto watching Adeline crawl when she couldn't.

It was clear to see that Adeline and James had a bond. Despite Adeline only wanting her mother when she was upset, she always wanted to be around James. They shared the same hazel eyes that Eve adored so much, but red hair was now covering Adeline's head.

"Look, Addikins, bubbles!" said James, bubbles appearing from the end of this wand.

Adeline giggled, reaching her small hands up to pop the bubbles.

"Go on, Addikins, you can get them!"James cheered.

"James, you should start calling her Adeline. She's going to think Addikins is her real name,"Eve scolded even though there was a slightly playful tone to her words.

"Maybe we should have called her Addy?"

Adeline continued to giggle and balance on her small knees to reach the bubbles.

"See, she likes it,"James beamed. "How do you think she'll react to having a brother?"

Eve and James now knew that they were having a son; James was ecstatic about it.

"I have no idea,"Eve shrugged. "I hope she won't get jealous."

"My Addy? Jealous?"James scooped up Adeline into his arms and kissed her head,"I don't think so."

There was a knock at the door. The couple weren't expecting anyone that they knew of so James carefully handed Adeline to Eve and took his wand. Opening the door, Eve caught sight of Dumbledore on the other side.

"Dumbledore?"James questioned,"Can we help you?"

"We must speak, James, Eve,"The headmaster replied,"May I come in?"