XXX| When it's all over

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The World was strong, Heaven hold us

Where do we go when it's all over?

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

September 1981

Nearly a year and a half later, Eve and James had still not left the house

Nearly a year and a half later, Eve and James had still not left the house. If not for their family and friends, they were sure they would have gone insane.

Being stuck in the house was worse during times like Christmas and Halloween. All James and Eve wanted to do was show Adeline the snow and dress her and Harry up to go trick or treating.

Adeline was curious about everything, bouncing around with her red-haired pigtails once she learned how to walk. She wasn't much of a sociable person, she was rather quiet. She just liked to stare at people for long periods of time and her parents could never work out why.

James tried everything to try to get Adeline to ride a broom but she would shake her head at him. Harry, on the other hand, was a natural. The moment Sirius brought him his toy broom, he was driving Eve crazy flying around.

In September, just before Adeline's second birthday, James and Sirius made the decision to change the secret keeper. It happened after a couple of Death Eaters got a little too close to Sirius' house and James went very protective over it, knowing they had Callisto there too.

Instead, they believe that since Peter Pettigrew was quiet no one would suspect him. Eve trusted James and told him to do what she believed was best. Despite Eve wanting Remus to be the secret keeper, Sirius repeatedly told her not to but wouldn't tell her why.

One night, Harry had been crying and Eve couldn't seem to get him to sleep. Adeline, who had been covering her ears from crying, stood up and wobbled over to her mother. The young girl had been a fast learner in everything she did. She tugged on Eve's sleeve.

"What is it sweetie?"Eve asked tiredly.

"He hungry, mama,"Adeline replied.

"How'd you know baby?"James asked, picking up his daughter.

"I hear him," said Adeline. He tell me."

Eve and James shared a look before looking at Adeline. She just looked up at James innocently, tugging on his glasses.

"Addy, what's daddy thinking?"Eve asked softly.

"He thinks I look cutie with glasses," said Adeline before yawning.

"Merlin's Beard," James whispered. "She's a Legillimens."

"I'll owl Dumbledore," said Eve with an awed look. "I can't believe this."

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Eve wasn't quite sure what was going on. One moment, Adeline was completely fine and the next day, she was wailing and her temperature was high. Eve and James had tried their best to help her for a night or two but they couldn't seem to help.

"What hurts, Addikins?" James asked,"Your tummy?"

Adeline shook her head, lip wobbling, and she put a hand on her head. James frowned, concern etched across his face. James passed her the stag teddy from her bed so she could cling to it, something she had picked up on.

"Eve," said James, finding his wife downstairs with Harry. "It's her head that hurts."

"Listen, my mum is coming over," said Eve. "She'll know what do."

When Amanda did arrive, she seemed worried when she saw her crying granddaughter. Amanda had always loved her grandchildren more than anything and when she saw them in pain or crying, it broke her heart.

"She needs the hospital but you're not meant to leave the house," said Amanda crossley.

"Harry isn't allowed to leave the house," James corrected.

"It's Halloween,"Eve argued. "The Hospital will be empty, we will be no less than an hour."

"She's really sick, Amanda, we can't leave her like this," said James.

"I'll look after Harry, you should both go," said Amanda sternly,"You're completely right."

"Thank you, mum,"Eve wrapped her cloak around Adeline. "Don't worry baby, mummy and daddy will take care of you."

Would you rather be a Legillimens or Occlumens?

Edited.