XXVi| Dare you to love

⋅⋅⋅⊰☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅

People let you drown 'cause

they don't know how to stay above water

⋅⋅⋅⊰☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅

November/December 1979

Eve Potter was officially frustrated, angry and happy all at once

Eve Potter was officially frustrated, angry and happy all at once. Having Adeline was one of the best things that ever happened to her and she couldn't find enough words to show how much she loved her only daughter. But...Eve didn't expect to find herself pregnant not even a month after Adeline was meant to have been born.

She was a little angry about it; she didn"t want to go another nine months of mood swings, sickness, and helplessness. Not to mention, this time she had her daughter to look after as well.

"James, I think I'm pregnant again," said Eve, her eyes on Adeline,"We only had Adeline not that long ago and look at the problems we nearly had when I was pregnant... I don't know if I'm ready for another. Don't you think it's too soon?"

"Evie," said James softly,"If you want to keep it and I trust your judgement, we'll make it work."

"Can we?" Eve sighed,"Is this what we're doing? Potentially raising children in a world we're losing."

"We will not lose, Eve." said James, placing a hand behind Adeline"s head and taking her from Eve. "I know we won't."

"We've lost so much," Eve's eyes swelled with tears. "I don't know how much of this I can take, James."

James leant his forehead against her, closing his eyes. Eve's ginger hair fell to the sides of her face, a sigh echoing around the room. James gave her a small kiss softly.

"How long?"He whispered, pulling away.

"Just over a month I think, I put it off longer this time, I just thought I was generally sick but I just seemed to know after it,"Eve explained. "But I checked before telling you."

"At least, they'll be in the same year at Hogwarts,"James joked,"It's not all bad, Eve. Maybe we'll get a boy this time around."

"Maybe,"Eve smiled.

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Eve was positive that Callisto Siri Black was going to be a force to mess with. Any child of Raina Edwards and Sirius Black would prove to be both entertaining and difficult to keep out of trouble when she had their genes.

Callisto was a beautiful baby, just like Adeline was. Opposite to Adeline, she had dark hair on her head, and dark-toned skin and she was slightly bigger since she was near her due date (unlike Adeline being a month early).

Just like Eve had expected, people seeing Sirius with a daughter was as odd as seeing James with one. They were two of the most irresponsible and possibly annoying boys in the entire school as teachers. To see them grown up was strange to see the least.

Eve's family and friends had believed she was joking when she told them she was pregnant yet again. Amanda went through a stage of telling how stupid it was when she'd just had Eve hugging her and crying again. Michael reacted better, after all his own kids were barely a year apart as well.

Callisto cried a lot more and often refused to sleep. Raina was better at dealing with crying Callisto than Sirius was, which everyone expected. Sirius much preferred to rock Callisto when she was calm and, as he called it, 'Cute-looking'.

Adeline was at the stage where she giggled at everything. James loved to make butterflies in the air with his spell so Adeline would reach her small hands to try and catch them. When Sirius visited, he loved to turn into a dog to entertain the little girl.

Then there was Remus. Adeline seemed to know whenever he visited because she'd start to cry until he picked her up. Eve knew that Lily prided herself on being Adeline's godmother and she knew Remus was glad he'd accepted being godfather.

Of course, Sirius and Raina were happy that they were going to get a godchild too, not that they needed the title to be around the Potters. They were practically Aunt and Uncle at this point, they all were.

"James, she is not going to say anything at three months old," Eve scolded.

James was holding Adeline while whispering,"You're going to say dada, aren't you? I know, you won't say mama."

James looked towards Eve.

"I'm just letting her know what to say for when she does,"He argued,"Which will be 'dada'. I just know in my heart."

"You better tell Sirius that, he's under the impression that she'll say 'Moony',"Eve chuckled,"I don't why you're all so obsessed, it doesn't mean she likes you best."

"I think it does."

"No, it doesn't."

"Does too."

"You're impossible," said Eve, shaking her head.

There was a knock at the door, to which James went to get. It was Peter with Remus, which didn't happen very often because Eve never really saw Peter.

"Hello, Peter, Remus," said Eve softly.

Remus smiled at Eve and immediately, little Adeline fidgeted in Eve's arms so she handed her over to him.

"Moony, are you going to steal my daughter?"James narrowed his eyes,"It certainly seems that way."

"Don't be stupid," said Remus. "I can't raise a baby, Prongs. That doesn't mean I don't love my goddaughter."

Remus turned around to look at James and as he did so, the strangest thing occurred. When Adeline looked at Peter for a few moments, she began to cry. Startled, Peter gave James a questioning look to which the father shrugged.

"Babies cry Wormtail,"said James. "Addy is no exception."

"Still kind of strange,"Eve muttered. "She never cries when Remus or James holds her."

Edited

Edited.