Making Friends & Influencing People

Start from the beginning

"More like a work-study thing. Badge, I had for like a day before Shield -" I mimed an explosion with my hands before taking a drink of water.

"You know, Hartley, she loved her blade, hated guns. Idaho, if on a job someone ended up dead, he'd go to church light a candle. Said it'd balance the karma. See, I knew them, what they do, not do. So, us being workmates and all..." Hunter started to say.

I stared at him a moment.

"You're wondering if I've ever taken anyone out," I stated matter of factly.

"Have you?"

"Not that I know of," I said and turned away from him as May appeared behind him.

"Hey," she knocked on the window between them getting his attention. "Don't you have inventory?"

He sighed and stood up straighter.

"I suppose now I do." He put the clipboard on top of the trolley and gave us a smile. "Good afternoon, ladies." He walked away and May handed me a mag for the gun.

"Practice. I want you to get used to the recoil." I fought the urge to roll my eyes again thinking that my super human strength could more than handle the recoil but kept my mouth shut. "And for the record, experience doesn't make it any easier to cross someone off," she added.

*****

3rd Person POV

SpitFire: Ugh...I have to see him again...any interrogation advice? @ Widowmaker? @ Arrowman @ AmericanPie @ Winter - May's had me working on keeping my heart rate down but last time...he just...he's good at getting under my skin and it doesn't help that he was my former SO before revealing himself to be the Hydra bastard that he is - so, ya know, he spent months figuring out what makes me tick...seems like the only thing he doesn't know is about my own time with Hydra and my powers and I would like to keep it that way!

Daisy's soulmates all tensed at her incoming message. They didn't know who her former SO was but they all hated him for what he had put her through. It was clear that she was keeping the important details from them but they figured when the time was right she would tell them; that or it was going to have to stay classified which was something they all had experience with.

Widowmaker: just remember, sweet cheeks, he may have spent months observing you, but you can say the same thing about him. Use whatever weaknesses you know of against him!

Arrowman: I'm glad May has you working on controlling your emotions that will be important. Try to remain calm no matter what he might say - he's going to try to rile you up, baby, don't let him!

AmericanPie: I have complete faith in you, doll 💕

Winter: I wish I could offer advice but I don't really remember any interrogation training...

SpitFire: I know, Bucky. It's okay. I don't either...Oh! That reminds me! Nat - I've been meaning to ask! The lie detector devices that Fury uses...were you able to beat them? Cuz I would bet money that you did 😏

Widowmaker: You know it, baby 😉

SpitFire: Maybe when all this is over you could show me how? I suck at lying 🥺

AmericanPie: I love that about you, doll!

SpitFire: Aww, thanks, Stevie! It's just not really ideal for covert operations 🙄

Widowmaker: I'd be happy to help you with anything, love.

Though they couldn't see her, her soulmates could all sense Daisy's blush and grinned widely. They were incredibly happy that she was finally starting to open up to them.