10

———

———

Jungkook sits on the edge of bed, flipping through his albums to find a cd to put in the old cd player that his brother bought him a few birthdays ago. He was trying hard to find a noise to block out what was happening in the living room.

His mother had brought home some douche from the bar, and he can hear them laughing and talking from his room. He just prays that they don't do anything else.

Jungkook finally finds an old Beatles cd, taking it out of the album case. He plops it into the radio just about to press play when he hears his mother yell.

Jungkook pauses before he swings his room door open and walks into the living room where his mom was being pinned to the couch. She was telling him to get off, but the guy was ignoring her.

Jungkook rushes over and grabs the guy. He pulls him back so he's able to land a few punches on his drunk ass. The guy falls down, groaning in pain. Jungkook kicks him, the guy yelling and his hands fly to his abdomen. His mom is crying as she watches. Jungkook turns and kneels down and cups her mascara streaked face, "Mom? Did he hurt you?"

She shakes her head and starts mumbling slurred bullshit about how guys hate her. Jungkook shakes his head and pulls her to his chest.

The guy on the ground tries to get up and curses when he slips.
Jungkook walks over, grabbing the man's arm and drags him outside, throwing him on the ground. The guy groans in pain again.

"Get the fuck out of here." Jungkook threatens.

"I didn't know-"

Jungkook crosses his muscular arms, "I don't fucking care. Just leave."

The guy stumbles to his car, having a hard time getting his keys out from his pockets. Once he finally gets inside the vehicle, he hauls ass and drives out the driveway. It probably wasn't a good idea to let him drive in his drunk state, but Jungkook didn't care about what happens to him in all honesty.

He goes back inside and sees his mom hugging herself as she wipes her tears away. Jungkook helps her to her room, getting her some Tylenol and a glass of water. She gives him a small smile, "Thanks, baby."

"Mom, you have to stop," Jungkook whispers as she sniffles.

"I-I know. I know."

He nods, kissing her forehead and letting her get into bed. She looks ashamed as she pulls the covers over her head. Jungkook sighs and decides to leave her be.

He goes into the living room and cleans up the mess she made.

———

The next day at school, Jungkook was tired as hell. He stayed up late cleaning up glass the guy broke when he fell. Then he had a hard time going to sleep, worried that the guy would come back.