Chapter 21 | Afterwards

"All right, get him on his feet. We can all stand around posing up a storm later. By the way feel free to clean up !" Stark is really back to his sarcastic self. Looking around Raven can't help but scoff, knowing Stark will have to redo everything.

"Rogers can you help me up to the bar please, I really need my drink now." The super soldier nod his head, helping her to the bar, while she check the alcohols on the shelves. Not really caring of everything going on around.

"Who gets the, uh, magic wand ?" Romanoff ask around. "S.T.R.I.K.E team's coming to secure it." Rogers's voice interrupt. It seems like they heard his words. Seconds later, the said team make it's way out of the elevator.

Raven doesn't even glimpse around, too focus on which rum she wants. "You shouldn't drink, you're about to get medical attention." a voice bring her out of her staring conquest with the bottles.

"uh huh, and I don't frankly care Natasha." She grab the nearest one, with two glass, presenting them to the agent with a big forced smile. "Want one ?" Natasha smirk looking at the limping girl. "Yeah actually, it would be great."

They look around, when they both spot agent Sitwell almost toying with the scepter. "Careful with that thing." Both their voices echoing around the room. Barton join them with a drink of his own, the three of them leaning against the counter. "Yeah unless you want your mind erased. And not in a fun way."

Raven chuckle, downing her drink in one go, letting the warm liquid burn down her throat. "I really needed that." She receive a 'hum' from the redhead, while looking around at the people in the room, securing the scepter. Stark is now suit-less, putting the Tesseract in a secure case.

"Hey did I saw that right and you jumped out of a flaming airplane, or was I already hit on the head by one of these aliens ?" Barton snap Raven out of her thoughts, chuckling at his own question. "Yeah, no you saw that right." The three of them chuckle at the situation. The laughing die down when Raven collapse on the floor, limbs now completely numb due to blood loss.

"Shit, Raven !" Both SHIELD agent grab her arms, hoisting her up, one arm on each of their shoulders.

Natasha look at Barton, concern in her eyes "We need to get a medic right away."

"Ambulances are downstairs." a S.T.R.I.K.E team agent inform them. They look at each other, nodding, knowing how to work together since they've been partners for years. Both agents walk to the closest elevator, supporting an almost unconscious Raven. The doors open as soon as Natasha press on the button. Barton and Romanoff, get in the lift, a silence soon engulf the small space. It's not awkward, they just don't feel like talking when they have an injured woman, literally, slouching on them, and mumbling incoherent things.

"It's a good thing she lost a couple of her weapons, while fighting. She would be heavier if she didn't."

Natasha look at her best friend with a scolding look, but a smile still makes it's way on her lips, her eyes holding a twinkle of amusement. Of course Barton catch the amusement on the redhead's face, and start to chuckle at his own stupidity, soon followed by the Russian woman. The chuckles turn into laughs, which are very welcomed after a hard day of work.

The silence comes back soon enough, mid way in their journey down, Raven gain her senses back, but she's still too weak to stand on her own. Natasha look at her with serious concern on her face, her worry not slipping from the hawk's sharp eyes.

Two floors from the lobby, Raven lose total conscious, her body completely shutting down. Barton is forced to scoop her up bridal style to make it easier, while Natasha wait impatiently and anxiously, almost tapping her foot on the ground, for the doors to open. The moment the panels open enough for someone to come through, Natasha slip in the opening, shouting for help, immediately. "Help ! I need a medic here !" Two SHIELD agent with white armband on their arms, run her way with a yellow stretcher, and medical supply.