Chapter 20 | First battle together

The adrenaline Raven felt seconds ago just vanished at the sight of not one, or two, but at least three of those huge alien worms, dropping out of the sky at the same time. And she's not the only one.

"Guys." Raven look at the redhead when she hear the uncertainty in her voice. She doesn't really seem frighten, or at least not for her life.

All of the men turn their heads, looking up at the Chitauri dropping from the whole in the sky. Stark's voice resound from his armor, sounding metallic.

"Call it Captain."  The billionaire didn't seem too keen by the idea of the super soldier leading them, but nobody really had a better plan. Even if he's probably super reluctant.

"All right, listen up. Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment." Rogers turn around facing the group. "Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays." The archer nod his head, knowing his mission.

The blonde soldier then turn towards the genius. "Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

Barton turn to the Iron Man, hoping to avoid climbing the building he's suppose to be on top of. "Can you give me a lift ?"

"Right." Stark walk to him with heavy metallic steps. "Better clench up Legolas." He then take off rapidly, the both of them, becoming tiny spots in the air few seconds later.

Captain then turn to the blonde god, who's still looking up in the sky. "Thor, you got to try and bottleneck that portal. Slow then down. You got the lightning. Light the bastards up." The God of thunder nod his head, before twirling his hammer around, taking off in the sky.

He then turn to Romanoff and Raven. "You two and me, we stay here on the ground. We keep the fighting here." Romanoff nod her head while Raven gives him a playful salute, to which he doesn't pay any attention, before turning to the green Giant his pointer finger in the air. "And Hulk. Smash."

Shivers run down her spine when, the ex soldier see Banner's alter ego smile, happy to listen to the Captain's orders about smashing everything. Seconds after, the beast jump in the air, landing on the side of a building, smashing, throwing, and ripping Chitauri out.

She was almost scared seconds ago but now she's actually impressed, a soft whistle escaping her lips. "Oh yeah, he's happy."

The redhead roll her eyes, before running down the road, followed closely by both Raven and Rogers. While running, the brunette's eyes are drawn from the Chrysler Building, to the portal in the sky, a grin plastered on her face, when she sees Chitauri getting barbecued by Thor's lightning.

Shots are fired their way, making all three of them split up, Natasha and Raven a way, Steve the other. All of them falling flat on their front to escape the shots. Raven jump on her feet, protected by a car, the SHIELD agent soon following her. They shoot at the aliens in front of them, trying to kill as much as possible. "Hey quick question, we started following you... but why ? Why not just wait at a tactical place for the aliens to come ?"

Natasha stop shooting for a second throwing her an 'Are you serious ?' look. "If you got a better idea I'm all ears."

A shot fly dangerously close to the black haired woman, preventing her from scanning the surroundings. She duck a shot thrown at her head, when something catch her eye. "How on earth do you manage to fight in boot-heels ?" She ask dumbfounded to the redhead, after seeing how high the heels actually are. "I was wondering why you were so tall."

Natasha snickered at her question, mumbling something inaudible at the end, still shooting aliens, Raven shooting back as well. In her peripheral vision, something catch her eye. A Chitauri, coming at them from the side, with something in his hands. Raven grab a knife and throw it at his head, the alien dropping dead on the ground, but the thing he had slowly slide a few feet away from her.