Chapter 12 | cooperation

After the incident in the garage, Raven is taken to the medical area, where a doctor is stitching up the bullet hole. Miraculously, the bullet didn't hit anything vital, and went all the way through her. But she can see the questions behind the doctor eyes, seeing the scars on her abdomen and expose lower back, scars she's not proud of. After the bullet damages, he get to work on her arm, this time seeing the deep cut all the way from her wrist to elbow in the inside of her right arm, one long single scar knowing this is self-inflicted.

Now that she's been patch up, they lead her through the building to get interrogate she guess, but before they leave her in the interrogation room, they do one last check for any weapons. Strangely, they actually take her dog tag, another wrong thing to do but she doesn't say anything about it, at least not now. They make her sit on a chair, cuffing her wrist to the table, facing a one way mirror glass before leaving her alone.

She doesn't have to wait long before a tall dark skin man, with an eye patch on his left eye, and a black leather trench coat makes his way in the room. He stand in front of her, arm cross behind his back trying to hide something, but the one way mirror reveal a brown folder in his hands.

"I hope you're not trying to hide the folder Director Fury, because you're doing a poor job at it." Raven said not patient to wait for him to start. He doesn't respond, bringing his hands in front of him and dropping the folder on the table.

"Raven DeValdez, ex military and spy for the french army, assassin, mercenary, illegal fighter and street racer. I'm I missing something ?" Fury ask rhetorically

Raven feign to think for a second "Yeah actually, I'm not an assassin, and don't say I'm a mercenary, I had what ? two, three contract ?"

Fury doesn't budge, slightly glaring at her with his eye.

"Okay, I don't remember, but it's not me anymore, these dark times of my life are over. I'm done with that, but I know it's not because of that you came after me, tell me exactly what you want from me."

"Well for starter, your real name." Raven look at him in confusion trying to hold in her fear about how much he knows about her. Seeing she's not gonna say anything the Director pursue.

"Fine, if you wont talk, I will. You knew my name, which lead me to think that you hacked into SHIELD intel. I would say six months ago, we had nothing, but then, I put one of our best on your case miss, and guess what ? He found you. But then three months ago everything was whipped and replace with the information right in this folder. If you think I wasn't already on your case, you did a big mistake. I know Raven DeValdez is not your birth name. It's the name you made for yourself, to cover up who you really are. But you really should've picked something else than the nickname you used in the army, because you betrayed your own self."

Raven's head hung low at these words, she know her cover is blown up, but she wont say her birth name, it doesn't belong to her anymore. It's a dark name with a lot of pain behind it.

"So ? You're gonna say it ? And don't try to tell me your name's Raven, if you want to know, it took a week to found out the rest about you. Yes, you didn't lie in the information you gave about you, but it's not the whole truth. That's why I did some digging, and just searched your name in the french intel and after a week, the computer dinged alerting us there was a match. About a young girl in the french army, who got out of there completely broken, and went off grid 4 years ago when she came out of the army. And mysteriously, your first contract as a mercenary started I would say 3 and a half years ago, and first contract as an assassin 2 years ago. But then in the mercenary system and the way to contact you, your real name was never familiar, but Raven was. You did good kid, but if you want advise, when you try to disappear, never leave something about you that can be tracked. Now, how about we talk about... Alix Elizabeth Margaret Montjoie ?"