Fourty One | Last Day

Comenzar desde el principio

"Marcus."

As I say his name he does something I didn't expect. Yanked me into a tight hug while sniffling softly. After the surprise faded I hugged him back just as tight softly sniffling into his neck. Just like my dad, Marcus's scent was the first to comfort me. Then again it's probably because he did hold me before my dad since my dad was holding Noah and my mother was getting some much needed sleep. Goddess, I couldn't imagine pushing two Alpha babies out either.

"We'll see each other again, Sweetie, but that doesn't mean I won't miss my little side kick." He says after pulling himself together.
"I'll miss you more. Trust me! Besides you have Ralph now. He's just as great!"
"Are you kidding me?! I've put up with Landon all my life! Now I have to deal with Landon Jr! That's does not sound like fun to me! He joked while Landon and Ralph both shouted.
"hey!" Leaving everyone laughing.

I moved to the side and pulled Ralph into a hug.

"I'll miss you, Muffin." I say lowly.
"I'm gonna miss you too, cupcake. Go! Be happy. You deserve that and so much more!" He states lightly pushing my to Edgar.
"You already know what I'm going to say, Princess. Take Ralph's advice. Be happy!" He says hugging me back.
"I will. I promised, remember?"
"Oh trust me, I remember." He replies while I walk to my twin brother.
"I'm gonna miss you, Novie." He says lowly.
"I'm gonna miss you too, NoNo. I'll miss Aurora too. Tell her I can't wait to see her again and I can't wait to meet your pup. I'm so happy for you guys! You're going to be amazing parents."
"Thank you, Novie. That means a lot coming from my twin and hey I was thinking the same thing so looks like we still do have that twin thing going on." He joked.

I just laughed with him and went to my dad. Her was standing there smiling at me, but I could tell he was sad.

"When Noah takes over you could come spend a month or so with us. I would really love that. I'm sure Lucas wouldn't mind."
"Oh trust me. I plan on it. I'll see you again, baby girl and soon. It could be in the next week actually. You just remember to stay in touch. I want phone calls every Sunday!" He stated leaving no room to argue.
"Of course I will. You know I will."

After making it to the door I looked at everyone smiling through the pain of leaving. With one last I love you to them I turned and left out of the office. I met with Lucas at the back door and we quickly made our way into the car. He started up the car and began driving after making sure I was buckled up. Looking behind me in the rear view mirror while Gracie whimpers a little because she feels the pain I feel. I face forward allowing the tear to drop down my cheek leaving behind my family and moving on to the next chapter of my life... with Lucas and his pack in Red Dawn.

The trip was quite smooth. We didn't talk until Lucas said we were half way there. I know he was giving me time to myself to work thorough my emotions.

"thank you."
"For what, Peaches?" He asked grabbing my hand and holding it.
"For never leaving me behind and letting our differences in the beginning get in between us."
"Oh, love. We were both scared and that's okay. We were bound to come together sooner than later. Just think there's people out there that fight the bond for so long someone could write a whole book about it." He laughs.
"That sounds painful. How do they make it so long?"
"That a good question. Maybe they're love story was just written that way." He states with a smile.
"Fate is a hell of a thing."
"Trust me I know." He states while rubbing his thumb over my knuckles.

After some time he announced that we have arrived. He also told me he hasn't told Nala because he thought I'd want to surprise her tomorrow. I thought about it and knew that it would be a cool idea, plus I wanted to sleep. I did miss her and I kinda even miss Sean. I won't ever say that out loud again because when I did Lucas gave me a little warning growl. It didn't scare me, but it did make me laugh a little. We pulled up to a two story house and it was beautiful. It had brown siding that kind of looked like logs. It gave it the logged cabin effect and I loooved it.