Jungkook stares at him, looking over every feature. Jimin had perfect skin. There wasn't a pore in sight. His plump lips were in a frown and his eyes casted down. He was pretty. That pisses Jungkook off more. Of course he would be pretty. Jimin seems to have a perfect life.

"Stop trying. Doesn't fit you well," Jungkook says, backing away. He sighs just as Jimin's phone gets a notification. Jimin takes it out and looks at the name. Shit.

The person was someone who tried their best to get into the popular crowd and they would do anything to be accepted. So when Jimin opened the message and saw a video with the thumbnail of Taehyung, he cursed.

Jungkook notices Jimin's worried expression and peered over to see his phone. "What is it?"

"Nothing good," Jimin sighs, playing the video.

The video starts with the door slamming after Jungkook left. It shows Taehyung standing there alone before his bully comes up. Jimin shut off his phone when there was laughter in the background. He didn't want to see it again. He already felt bad enough that he didn't do anything.

Jungkook goes towards his bike, but Jimin stops him. "Where are you going?"

"Where Tae is."

Jimin grabs his arm, "Come on, i'll drive."

Jungkook just sighs, getting in the passenger's side. He tries to ignore how good the car smells and the smooth leather seats. Jimin drives as far as he could until the dirt road turns into a trail. The two get out and make thier way through the woods for a minute or so before they step into the clearing.

  Taehyung was sitting on the pier, looking out over the water. Jungkook jogs over, and sighs loudly when he stops, making Taehyung look over.

  "I'm so so sorry," Jungkook says as he helps Taehyung up from the ground.

   "What?" Taehyung asks in confusion.

   "That I left you after saying you would be safe with me," Jungkook says and watches Taehyung's scrunched eyebrows relax when the confusion leaves.

  "Oh," Taehyung replies softly, "It's not your fault."

   Jimin walks closer as he speaks, "I'm sorry as well."

   "For what?"

   "I didn't stop him," Jimin frowns, already knowing Jungkook was going to blow up.

   "You were there?" Jungkook asks, his eyes wide.

  Jimin looks down.

  Jungkook shakes his head in disappointment.

   "I didn't mean to worry you guys," Tae spoke up, "I'm fine."

  Jimin touches the brunette's shoulder. "Why aren't you angry?"

   Taehyung stiffens under his touch before shrugging at his question. "Why would I be? We barely know each other. It's not like i'm expecting you two to help me with everything. Not like we are really... friends," Tae mumbles the last part, looking down. He wished they were, though. These past few days were the best in a very long time for him.

  "We are friends!" Jimin says.

  Jungkook gives a scoff at that. "Since when? When you ignore Taehyung getting bullied or when you treat us like charity?"

   Jimin clenches his jaw. "I apologized for that. It wasn't my intention. Anyway, what makes you so innocent?"

"Alright, explain."

Jimin points his finger at him as he speaks, "You're the one that left him alone. You act like some sort of saint, please! I've heard what you do. You steal and apparently rob. You claim i'm not a friend because I treat you so bad, alright, but when have you treated me right? Huh?"

Jungkook stands with his arms cross. He shakes his head, "I'll treat you right when you act right."

Taehyung steps closer to the two boys who were advancing towards another menacingly. "Guys, why do you always argue? Just stop!"

"Shut up. You're too weak to understand," Jungkook snaps without thinking.

It goes silent and Jungkook closes his eyes and sighs when he realizes what just came out of his mouth. Fuck.

Taehyung's mouth is slightly hung open in shock and he has to swallow back tears. He meets Jungkook's eyes and he shakes his head, walking past him and banging into his shoulder forcefully.

Jungkook reaches out, "Taehyung-"

Taehyung whips around, "You don't know anything!" he shouts, making the others widen their eyes in surprise. "You don't know!"

Jungkook guiltily nods, "I know, i'm so sorry! I didn't mean it."

Taehyung sniffles, trying to hold back his tears that want to fall. He grabs his shirt that felt too tight on him at the moment. "Yes you did! You did! Why else would you say it?"

Taehyung was trying hard to keep it together, but it was useless. They know he's weak. It's not a secret. He knows it and now they do too.

Jungkook reaches out again, but Taehyung flinches away, "Don't."

Jimin walks over to the boy who was slightly shaking as he freaked out on the inside. Jimin leans his head down to look into his eyes since he wouldn't look up, "What's going on?"

Taehyung just shakes his head.

"No what? What's wrong, Taehyung?" Jimin tries again, moving the hair out of Taehyung's eyes.

Jungkook was still in shock at Tae's reaction. He was surprised as well to see Jimin act so caring. Jungkook walks closer, putting a hand on Taehyung's back, thankful he doesn't shy away.

"I can't say," Taehyung replies in a whisper.

"I'm so sorry, Taehyung," Jungkook says in a hushed voice. He was glad to see that he has stopped shaking.

Jimin pulls Taehyung into a hug. Taehyung breathes in his scent. He smelt expensive, and Taehyung didn't expect less. It fit him perfect.
Jungkook comes up behind Tae, joining in on the hug. He was squished between both boys he was able to feel safe with in his safe place.

Forgiveness didn't need to be said. It was heard throughout the warmth of each other.

———

How's the story so far?