Chapter 29- Erotevménos

ερωτευμένος: erotevménos
Greek
In Love
-

warning: explicit sexual content
-

“I know you hate dancing,” Edmund said, looking beside him, “but it’s been thirteen hundred years since our last. Would you oblige me for a dance, darling wife?”

Sanya took her husband’s hand, but shook her head.
“I would, dear husband, but my stupid leg isn’t healed enough to dance in front of a whole ballroom.” She then snorted. “My dancing made me hate myself enough when I wasn’t suffering from a multitude of injuries- in my current condition, I’d be worse than Peter.”

“He seems to be holding his own.” Edmund said fairly, nodding at the blond and brunet that were swaying together in the middle of the dance floor. “I shudder to think how horrific it would be if it was fast music playing, though.”

“Susan would kill him before he could embarrass our family.” Sanya told him, before nodding to another pair dancing. “Speaking of, she and that woman look very cosy.”

It was Edmund’s turn to snort, “I knew she liked women. She watched The Girl in the News twice in the cinema last August- she said she was interested in the thriller genre, but no, she was interested in Margaret Lockwood!”

“I don’t know what a cinema is or who Margaret Lockwood is, but- I think I knew, too.” Sanya twisted her mouth, as she pondered back to the day of the Giant Battle. That soldier she had given Moonlight to ride- Susan had spoken highly of her, and it hadn’t struck Sanya as strange then. But it should’ve, because Susan was not involved with army matters at all, and as such, shouldn’t have known any soldiers. “I think she might have had a relationship with this one soldier in the Golden Age. I don’t remember her name, though- and, anyway, I can’t be sure.”

“Oh.” Edmund nodded at her words, though it was an absent nod. “She never told any of us.”

“It’s not easy.” Sanya said, catching his eye, knowing he knew how difficult it was. “Honestly, if it had not been for the greater good of making you feel better, I might never have been able to tell you that I also like women.”

“I understand.” He nodded again, squeezing her hand. He looked down at the floor, “I mean, I took six years or so to tell you, even though I knew you would accept me and not stop loving me.”

“It’s not possible, you know.”

His eyes flickered to hers, “What?”

“For me to stop loving you.” She curiously felt her nose burn again, as though she was close to tears again. But she wasn’t speaking out of emotion, she was just speaking the truth. “I’ve loved you for a thousand years, and it didn’t falter once- if anything, it’s become even stronger. I am never going to stop loving you, Edmund Pevensie.”

When Edmund spoke again, his voice was soft.
“I’ll never stop loving you, either. Even if I’m drowning in my love for you, Sanya Pevensie, I’ll sink to the bottom before I try to climb out.”

A smile tugged at her lips, and Sanya lifted his hand up and pressed her lips to his knuckles.
“It’s a good thing I’m a descendant of Poseidon, then.” She spoke playfully, quite a change from the sombre tone of seconds ago. “As long as I’m there, you’re not going to drown.”

“Who’s drowning?” Came a voice from the side of the table the couple were seated at, and the two turned to see a middle-aged Telmarine standing there, his hands clasped behind his back. “Pardon the interruption, but I found it strange to hear children speaking of drowning.” Then he chuckled. “But you are not children, are you?”