Chapter 12- Fantasía

φαντασία: fantasía
Greek
fantasy
-

He dreamed of her again. He always dreamed of her.

It was another memory- but not from the beginning of their marriage, but from the end of their time together.

“Ed.” Sanya said, knocking on the ajar door of her husband’s office, and then pushing it open further. “Are you busy?”

Edmund looked up from the document he had been poring over- he didn’t quite understand how Rabadash’s diet while he was a donkey was his business, but he had a duty- and then smiled.
“Not when it comes to you.”

Sanya’s cheeks flushed, “You’re being very romantic, considering you’ve been shut up in here since just past dawn.”

“How’d you even know that?” Edmund felt quite baffled. It was the first time he was seeing her all day- he was generally always with her when she woke up, but considering how busy his days had been since the end of the Giant Battle and the whole Rabadash situation eight months ago, he was hardly ever there when she woke nowadays. “You were dead to the world when I woke and left.”

His wife shrugged, “I guessed. That cup-” she nudged her head at the teacup on his desk, “is the one you use for breakfast. But Su said you weren’t there for breakfast, so I- I just deduced you’ve been here for a while.”

“My wife, the Sherlock Holmes of Rihaaya.” The Just King chuckled, and Sanya did, too, albeit looking rather confused. “Er- he’s a very famous detective in literature, back in Spare Oom. Possibly the most-” then he shook his head at himself, “nevermind. Did you need something, darling, or did you just come to gaze upon your husband?”

“Would you blame me if I did?” She asked teasingly, closing the door behind her and approaching the chair he sat on. “Do you know the servants always linger in our room just to catch a glimpse of you shirtless?”

“Are you confusing them with you?” He retorted, his arms going around her waist as she settled herself on his lap. “Anyway, you can’t be sure of that. Maybe they’re lingering for a glimpse of you shirtless. I mean, I wouldn’t blame them.”

“Maybe we should do a poll.” Sanya suggested, slinging an arm around his shoulders and leaning into him. “Do the people of Narnia want to see the Just King’s abs, or the True Queen’s tits?”

“Well, I know which I’ll be voting for.” He grinned, squeezing her tight. “But we should probably decide what the winner gets, don’t you think?”

Sanya looked suddenly nauseated for a moment, and then smiled- a rather nervous smile, uncertainty flickering in her bright eyes.
“Ho-how about a baby? In about six months?”

“What?” Edmund blinked. It took a moment for him to understand- and then he was even more taken aback. Was she- was she joking? “Sorry, what? What do you mean?”

With the hand that wasn’t around his shoulders, the Rihaayan Queen patted her stomach, “I’m pregnant. I just found out after lunch- which was a very bad idea, since that meant my stomach was quite full, and throwing up was very likely. I mean, I didn’t throw up, but Doctor Asherii did have to send for a bucket, since I was beginning to heave-”