Prologue

The tale of Eros and Psyche is as old as- well, not time. They were not the oldest Gods, after all.
But it was a tale of sacrifice, and desire, and the lengths one can go to for love.
As all the best tales were.
Such is the story that shall begun from the next chapter on, and will continue on for thirty chapters thereafter.

Of course, Edmund is no dark God of beauty- he's a King of Narnia, a symbol of justice, weighted down with a dark past. But his present is no brighter- the Narnia he was King over, is gone, stomped out by horrors and wars too numerous to count. Everything and everyone he knew and loved is dead, gone, buried in the thirteen hundred years he had abandoned his home.

And Sanya's not the second coming of Aphrodite, or the youngest Princess with a heinous family- but the High Queen of Rihaaya, who was once a Princess struggling with her truth and duty. But she's not Queen or Princess anymore- she's not anything but a girl locked in a tower because of the desperation that comes with true love, and trapped in the terrors that come with her dreams and the memories of those she had abandoned.

The battle between heart and mind, between the eros and the psyche, rages not just in one, not in two, but in six- Sanya, Edmund, Peter, Caspian, Susan, and Lucy.
T'was a battle that rages in all, but here and now in this tale, it is these six.

For all the differences, Edmund is Sanya's Eros, the one she would endure the worst in all realms for; and Sanya is Edmund's Psyche, the one he loved with all his scabbed heart.

Of course, no tale of love is complete without a villain.
There is no vengeful mother-God in this, seething and narcissistic, but a scorned Queen of the Fae, struggling with the grief of motherhood and the uncertainty of love.
And Queen Rhiannon certainly gives the Goddess Aphrodite quite the run for her drachmas.

-
𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦:
Dark themes, violence, strong language, nonconsensual voyeurism, self-harm, attempted suicide, sexual scenes, mental and physical torture, use of f-slur, unintentional animal abuse, dubious sexual consent, reflection on past trauma, memory of attempted rape and assault, murder.
-
-✧・: °*✧*°:・✧-
-
Please, please, keep the warnings in mind. The book doesn't delve AS dark as I would have liked, but still, don't ignore the warnings.
-

AHHH I'VE MISSED PUBLISHING STUFF????? CHAPTERS COMING OUT ON May 1st!! (Hopefully!)

AND I APOLOGIZE VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR WHAT I'LL PUT THE CHARACTERS, and by extension you readers, THROUGH.

And, as always- I humbly and unashamedly ask you to vote on the chapters, and perhaps comment, too :))