Chapter 6- Xekinísei

ξεκινήσει: xekinísei
Greek
begin
-
warning: sexual content
-

"Sanya?"

His wife- damn it, he'd just been getting used to calling her his Consort- shifted slightly, and mumbled something incoherent into her pillow.

Edmund bit his lip, as he watched the blanket that covered her also move, exposing more of her back than there had been.
"Er- are you awake?"

"Uh-hmm." She muttered, before twisting her head to open bleary eyes and look at the man beside her. She was still half-asleep, lying on her stomach, but she managed a pained smile of courtesy. "Morning."

"Good morning."

"Morning bad." She grumbled, and pushed some of the hair away from her face.

He was quite amused by her antics- and he had to admit that it was rather adorable, if only to himself and not out loud.
"Mornings are bad?"

"They're-" Her mouth opened in a yawn, and she turned so that she was lying on her back, the blanket lowering even further, "my archenemy."

"Oh?" He laughed slightly, his eyes on her chest, rising and falling with every breath. And her half-asleep voice- it was intensely attractive- but he wouldn't be voicing that out loud, either. "Remind me to fight them, if I ever run into them, as is my husbandly duty."

"No, no." She reached over and absently patted his hair. "Can take care of myself."

He took her hand off his head, and kissed her palm. He saw a blush rise from her cheeks as he did so, the redness creeping down till her chest, and he grinned to himself.
"Do you want to go back to sleep? It's your birthday- of all days, you deserve to sleep in today the most."

She shook her head, and blinked very rapidly.
"No- I'm awake, I might as well st-stah-" another yawn, as she stared up at the canopy of the bed, "stay awake. I should- I have letters to reply to, I should get started on them-"

"If you're sure." He nodded, dropping her hand gently. He felt quite- weird, and he didn't know what to say next. He'd snogged several people and had sex with one, but he'd never done this, at all- waking up with someone after making love to them. His first and only time had been with a male dryad, and that had been a nightly dalliance that neither he nor Ayles had wished to see continue into the morning light- and, well, he didn't understand how to go about the morning after with someone, male or female or whatever! Especially when the someone in question was his wife. "Er- Sanya?"

She turned her head towards him again, "Yes, husband?"

"Are you- are you alright?" As she frowned, his anxiety deepened, and he rushed on, "I- I mean, I've heard that- that the first time- that it hurts, and I just wanted to know if I could- could help, if you're in pain-"

"I'm not." She said reassuringly, with a less perfunctory smile than usual. "I mean- when- well- it did sting a bit, at the very beginning- and I think I'm a little sore- but-" she began to blush again, and she rubbed her legs together, remembering when he'd been between them, "the pleasure outweighed the pain. By quite a lot. Thank you for asking, though."

"Of course." He nodded once more, a small smile on his face. He wanted to kiss her again- but, after last night, it was better if she made the first move.
He was content with just her warmth beside him.

She swallowed, and began, rather nervously, "And- you?"

"No, I'm not in any pain-"

"Um, no, I meant-" She blushed harder, and Edmund cocked his head, confused, "was it- was it good? For you?"