Episode 04: Mean Boss? ✓

Start from the beginning

   It's actually not my first time being alone here. Finally, I'm done. I gathered up all the architectural plates that I made and placed it inside the tube before going to the manager's office. I noticed that he already left, so I went straight to the head office to give my designs. Luckily, the secretary is still there so I asked him if he could give this to the boss and he was actually kind about it.

    Walking out of the building, Apo's waiting at the car. He's body leaning on the hood with his arms folded on his chest, it seems like he's also sleepy.

  "Apo!" I shouted and he woke up almost immediately.

   "Oi! What took you so long? It's so freaking late!" Apo whined as he opened the door for me.

  "Sorry, I needed to finish something" I said. As I sat on the seat of the car, I sighed in relief and fell asleep immediately.

    I only woke up when I felt someone carrying me, I opened my eyes slightly and saw Apo carrying me up to my condominium, seeing that it was Apo, I just closed my eyes and continued to sleep.

   The next day, My throat feels so dry. As soon as I woke up, I kept on coughing. I stood up and almost fell when the room suddenly felt like it was turning around. I fell on the floor with a loud thud. I groaned in pain because it only made my head hurts more.

   "WIN?!" I heard Mike's voice, the door opened and he helped me to get to the bed.

  Mike looked around the drawers searching for the thermometer. When he found it, he made me took it.

  After a while, he confirmed that I have a high fever. He called Apo to buy some medicine for my fever since I don't have any stocks in our med kit.

   "I should go and tell Bright" Mike said as he took his phone out. I panicked and held his wrist.

   "No! Do- *cough* *cough* tell him... please" I pleaded. Mike shook his head as he took my hand off his wrist and gently placing it down.

  "You know I can't do that, he's always worrying about you, Win. If he heard that you've got a fever and he didn't knew about it, he'll be mad" Mike explained.

  I sighed. "I know, but he's still with his concert. I don't want him rushing back and cancelling his concert just because I'm sick"

  "Not just because you're sick, Win. Bright loves you so much, that he wouldn't hesitate to cancel even the most important meeting or event he has just to look after you. It's always YOU before work for him, win" Mike reasoned. "If you want, I can call him and tell him about your situation then maybe you can tell him by yourself to not cancel his concert. That guy's always listening to you anyway"

   I smiled and nodded. "Okay, you can call him"

  "Maybe later, we still need to wait for Apo so you can take your medicine" Mike said putting his phone on the table.

   This isn't the first time that I got a fever from overdoing my work. That manager is just a headache, Bright already told me to quit and that he can provide for the both of us. But then again, I don't want to just sit around and go shopping spree whenever he have to leave for his concert.

    After a while, Apo finally arrived with my medicine. I drink it up and rested while Mike and Apo took care of all the house chores and other stuff. I don't know if Mike already called Bright, but I want to be the one to call him since my babe only listens to me.

----

   Bright's POV

  "Second phase of the show is in, are you ready, Bright?" The stage manager asked.

   I fixed the ear piece and nodded. "Yep, all set"

  "Okay! Places everyone!!" She shouted while waving her hand in the air and walking towards the audio team.

      The stylist and makeup crew fixed my makeup. I took deep breaths and shakes my body to get my body to not get stiff while performing.

  "In 3! 2! 1! GO! GO! GO!" The stage manager shouted as the back-up dancers and I went up to the stage.

   Loud music, shouted and cheers of the people, and the colorful lighting effects made the stage all seems magical. It's now or never, I'll make myself and my baby proud...

----

   Author's note:
Trust me, I'm crying while writing all of the chapters

-----