Twenty-Nine: Intimacy

"Are we not going to talk about it?"

"Talk about what?"

"Um, you slammed your spear into the ground and basically tried to provoke your family into fighting you. The worst part is that you're acting as if nothing happened." Evan exclaimed as they walked through the solarium, which appeared to be a small living room with a medium-sized dining table. Unlike the rest of the manor, which was decorated with dark colors, the solarium floor was a light brown wooden color with matching furniture that followed a simple coffee-colored aesthetic that seemed to perfectly fit the room. The windows had been charmed so they wouldn't be blocked by snow or rain so Evan could see the acres of the property clearly and the view was breathtaking.

Midnight had been giving him a tour and by the time the sun had gone down they had managed to make it through half of the manor but there was still plenty to explore which would be in time. They hadn't gone to the master bedroom yet since Midnight wanted to save that for last.

"If I hadn't done what I did, then we would still be down there listening to them bicker uselessly. Now they'll think twice before opening their mouths to talk shit about me, those fucking hypocritical assholes. The audacity to compare me to my sister still astounds me." Midnight scoffed as he sat down on the brown sofa before looking over at Evan, who was looking out the windows. "I don't want you getting the wrong impression of me and think that I'm crazy.

    Too late for that.

    "I just think the situation could have been handled better, that's all." He whispered, rubbing his arms. The goth sighed before patting the space on the couch next to him. Evan shuffled his feet over to him and carefully sat down on the empty spot. Almost immediately, Midnight wrapped his arms around the werewolf, dragging him down to his side so he could pepper his face with small kisses until he was giggling uncontrollably. The goth smiled at Evan's flushed, smiling face and pressed another soft kiss to his lips.

    "There's that beautiful smile. I'd do anything so it wouldn't disappear." He whispered as he used his pointer finger to stroke the column of Evan's neck. The blonde blushed but continued to smile as he cuddled up against the ex-hunter's side. Midnight nuzzled his hairline before speaking, "I'm sorry if I scared you, it wasn't my intention but it was the only way I could get those assholes to leave me alone. Now you can see why I didn't want to spend Christmas without you."