He grit his teeth and tried to stop tears from falling.

Sakura's hands covered her mouth, while Naruto looked like he was ready to punch something.

(Y/N): <voice cracking> That's why I have those alien powers. It's because I'm a fucking experiment! My Copy Jutsu is also a by-product of the experimentation!

Sakura: (Y/N)...

Temari stayed silent and looked at the ground.

(Y/N) stopped moving and looked up at the sky. Tears streamed down his face.

(Y/N): I hate her... so much... Kakashi-sensei...

Kakashi perked up and watched as (Y/N) turned his head to look at him.

(Y/N): Is it wrong to hate someone? Will I become like Sasuke, so overcome by hatred that I'll abandon my friends just for revenge?

Kakashi closed his eyes and walked over to (Y/N), placing a hand on his shoulder.

Kakashi: We live in a world where hatred is normal. We are human and being human means you will have hatred. What the woman did to you is pure evil and disgusting, and yes, you can hate her, I will not judge you for that...

Sakura hugged (Y/N) from behind. She hurried her face in his back.

Sakura: I hate that woman too. She did horrible things to you... but please, (Y/N)... Don't be like Sasuke. You have friends who will help you. Please don't abandon us too.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened. He turned his head to look at Sakura.

Kakashi: Yes. You have friends who will help you carry the burden of your hatred. They will help you deal with this. The mistake Sasuke made was believing he had to do everything on his own and pushed away his friends and even you, his brother.

Kakashi looked up at the sky.

Kakashi: I've made mistakes too, I won't deny it. I tried to blow off Sasuke's hatred as something would eventually grow out of, but what Itachi did has scarred him for the rest of his life. I also favored him more than the rest of you, and basically split our squad apart. Now I have a chance to rectify that. I will bring our squad back together again. But I can't do it alone. I'll need you guys' help, all right?

He smiled through his mask.

(Y/N) wiped his eyes and smiled too.

Temari: <smirking> It's getting late, you guys. I think we should stop for the night.

Kakashi: Good idea. I'm sure everyone is tired from traveling.

As everyone set up camp, Naruto walked up to (Y/N).

Naruto: You won't leave us, right, (Y/N)? I don't want to lose another friend...

(Y/N) ruffled Naruto's hair and smiled at him.

(Y/N): You think I would leave you behind? We're going to get stronger together, all right, Naruto? Then we'll kick the Akatsuki, Orochimaru, and Yugen's asses.

Naruto grinned at (Y/N). He then looked down.

Naruto: Thank you for never treating me like a monster. Even when we weren't friends, you never were disgusted to be around me.

(Y/N): You're welcome, Naruto. Now, let's focus on the task at hand: saving Gaara.

...

After some more traveling, the group finally reached the desert.