Scene 7 - Groth and Xrax

We begin inside the TARDIS control room again. The Doctor is instead joined by not only Tegan but also Turlough with him at this point in time on his travels. The console is the newer model with more controls and buttons. All three are joined around the TARDIS console. The Doctor works the console, with Tegan and Turlough around assisting him.

Turlough:

You know, after a little while, and a little teaching from the ship's commander, I think I'd be able to control the TARDIS quite easily.

Tegan:

You already know a few things about the TARDIS by sabotaging it.

Turlough:

I thought this was all cleared up. Do you have to keep pestering me about it?

Tegan:

You were trying to kill the Doctor.

Doctor:

Yes. Yes. As Turlough quite rightly said. The whole little matter with the Guardians has been quite resolutely settled.

The TARDIS column slows down and makes a noise suggesting the ship has landed.

Well. Here we are. Back home, Turlough. Trion. The binary system. The terminal bank of the Vacuum Transporter System. From there, you shall be able plot your journey back from where you want to go.

Turlough:

Thank you, Doctor. Come to think of it, when I'm away from all this I think I'm actually going to quite miss it. No more jumping about in time and space. Stuck with the rest of the universe flowing about its natural causes.

Doctor:

Come along. We will show you off safely.

The Doctor pulls the red lever out on the console up and the doors open. The three of them leave. When they step out of the TARDIS, they are presented to yet another jungle planet. The three time travellers look around the area of bushes, plant life, and jungle that stretches across the planet.

Turlough:

This isn't Trion.

Doctor:

You sure?

Turlough:

Positive. There's little to no jungle forestry across my planet.

Tegan:

You don't suppose you might have entered in the wrong coordinates Doctor and landed us back on Mira... Mira?

Tegan frowns, as though she had difficulty remembering something. Indeed, she and the Doctor had been to Mira before, but a cloud seemed to fade over her memory. She concentrates, trying to remember her experience on Mira, but to no avail. The Doctor was busy wondering why they had not landed on Kembel.

Doctor:

Hmm? What was that Tegan?

Tegan:

Oh. Nothing. Just a bit of... Something weird. I don't know. Maybe I'm just not myself or...

Doctor:

Do you need to go in and have rest?

Tegan:

No. No I think I'm ok.

Turlough:

Shall we head back into the TARDIS and try again if this is not Trion?

Doctor:

And never know where we are? Mind you, it does look awfully familiar in some strange way. I did keep a log of records but I'm never able to find time to write things down in it. Times like this it would help.