Scene 9 - Trapped and Outnumbered

We see the two Daleks with one that holds the seismic detector. The two Daleks stop as the reading traces direct them in different bearings.

Dalek 2:

SEISMIC DETECTOR INDICATE MOVEMENT OF UNKNOWN INDIVIDUAL!

Dalek 5:

STATE DESCRIPTION!

Dalek 2:

HEIGHT IS LARGE! HEAVY MASS! THERE IS NO SIGN OF THE CREATURE!

Dalek 5:

THIS PLANET IS NATIVE TO A RACE OF INVISIBLE ALIENS! OUR ORDERS ARE IF WE DETECT ANY FORM OF NON-DALEK LIFE, IT IS TO BE TREATED AS HOSTILE AND DESTROYED!

Dalek 2:

SENSORS INDICATE OF NO SIGN OF UNACCOUNTED BEING IN RANGE!

Dalek 5:

AND WHAT OF THE DRAHVINS AND THEIR ENEMIES!

Dalek 2:

THEIR POSITION IS STILL FIXED! WE ARE CLOSING IN BEFORE THEY CAN MAKE ESCAPE!

The Daleks continue forward. This then cuts to see more of the jungle burning in flames as the silver Daleks move closer and closer towards the hut to burn down more of the area. We then see the Chumblies join the Drahvines.

Drahvine 1:

The fire of the jungle will not stop until it has nothing to feed off.

Chumblie 2:

MOVEMENT! MOVEMENT! THERE IS A BEING NEARBY FROM HERE!

We see more rustling in the bushes. The Drahvines fire and the Chumblies open a flap up to reveal a canon. A bolt fires from it and attacks the bush.

Chumblie 3:

THE BEING WAS NON-DALEK!

The fire in the foreground worsens and comes closer and closer! Smoke begins to rise and travel in their vicinity! The Chumblies flash lights on their metal.

Chumblie 2:

THREE DALEK FORCES ARE APPROACHING! WE MUST RETREAT! WE MUST RETREAT!

Chumblie 3:

BEARINGS 029, 084, AND 163!

The Dalek forces hear the voices.

Dalek Supreme:

TARGETS ACQUIRED! COMMENCE THE EXTERMINATION!

Dalek 1/2/5:

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

The Drahvines and Chumblies fret. They begin firing as the Daleks return fire. They launch energy bolts from the Daleks and fly in their direction, turning the targeted areas into a bright lethal blue light. All of the Drahvines and Chumblies quickly hurry inside as the Daleks approach!

Drahvin 1:

The Daleks! They're here!

Doctor:

Come on. We need to get out of here!

The Supreme Dalek with his Dalek close in around the front. The flamethrower Daleks storm through the jungle as fire and fury burns in anger behind them. They come to join the hunt. The Drahvines try to head around the back way, and we see them hurry that way. The other two Daleks have head around the other side and aim their guns up. We then see the party all dash back inside the hut.

Nyssa:

We're trapped!

Doctor:

You see? See why you don't underestimate the Daleks! Now they have us cornered!

Dalek Supreme:

DRAHVIN REPRESENTATIVES! THESE ARE YOUR DALEK MASTERS! YOU ARE POWERLESS! SURRENDER YOURSELVES OR DIE!

Drahvin 1:

If we step outside we're as good as dead as if we stayed here!

Drahvin Huntress:

Shut up! Let me do the thinking.

Dalek Supreme:

SURRENDER YOURSELVES AT ONCE! REMAIN HIDING IN COWARDICE AND YOU WILL ALL BE EXTERMINATED!

Nyssa:

Doctor, what are we going to do?

Chumblie 1:

WE CAN TRY TO SURRENDER, THEN SURPRISE THEM WITH AN ATTACK!

Doctor:

No good. The Daleks are far too trigger happy for a start. You show the slightest instinct about threatening them, they'd kill their prisoner without a second's thought.

Chumblie 1:

THEN OUR RADIO LINK WILL BE DIMINISHED AND YOU WILL ALL BE LEFT TO DIE!

Doctor:

That's the least of your problems but at least you won't die as we are about to.

Drahvin Huntress:

This is it. We're beaten. Dead. Finished.

We see the Daleks outside, beckoning to exterminate all of them. They point their guns up towards the tent.

Dalek Supreme:

VERY WELL! PREPARE TO BE EXTERMINATED! ALL EXTERMINATED!

Daleks:

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

We see the Drahvins face death bravely on their facial expressions. Nyssa cuddles into the Doctor, whose face we zoom towards as the Daleks announce their final war cry...

End.

(End credits)

AND THE NEXT PART OF THIS EXCITING ADVENTURE CONTINUES AT THE SAME TIME TOMORROW EVENING ON BBC1.