Daniel's Mom then appeared, explaining she'd been called the day of the shooting to help look after her grandchild. She recounted how later that night, as she prepared to travel she rang his phone, and his boss picked up and informed her Daniel had been sedated. She said, "I knew then Daniel was involved with this woman. His father was just the same, and why else would a married man need to be sedated when someone he worked with was badly injured and in hospital? Upset sure, but sedated? He told me she was just a friend and I wanted to believe him, but deep down I knew he'd driven Carrie to this, she wasn't in her right mind. In the days I was there he told me he was working, but when I rang his office to speak to him they told me he wasn't due in because he was in the ICU at the hospital, he couldn't keep away from her. Of course not long afterwards my granddaughter came on the phone when I called and started calling this woman Mommy. I think there was something really deviant happening with my son, this Allie girl and the man she married. His father had the same tendencies. Daniel told me this woman had been pregnant and lost the baby when she was shot. I believe it was either Daniel's or she didn't know if it was his or the other guy's."

Daniel bent forward and gave a sob of anguish as Allie rubbed his back. He choked out, "Allie I'm so sorry, this is so much worse than I even thought it would be. How could she, how could she twist everything. I love you Allie and I'm so sorry." Allie came around to kneel at his feet and took his hands. Allie paused it and through her own tears she said, "Daniel look at me." He looked into her face desperately and she said as firmly as she could, "None of this is our fault, it's not your fault. I don't know why your Mom did this, but I know I love you and we're going to get over this and be happy. We're going to raise our girls with parents and people who will never hurt them the way she's hurt you." Allie crawled onto his lap and he held her like he could never let her go.

After a few minutes Allie said, "It's about to go out live. Let's just finish it, get it over with." Daniel nodded and without releasing her from his arms he set it running. The remainder was a picture of the outside of their offices with captions saying firstly that Michael and Allie married and adopted a child whose identity is protected. The next caption gave the information about Michael's death and announced that Daniel and Allie were now engaged, and they and their friends had declined to be interviewed or take part, but had issued a statement. The statement they had issued through Zack then scrolled down the screen and it was over.

Daniel turned the TV off and Allie kissed him tenderly. She crawled off his lap and checked on the girls saying, "Both fast asleep" when she returned to the couch. Daniel held his arms out to her and she curled up at his side as he drew her in. He looked into her eyes with such pain in his it almost broke Allie, and she whispered, "I love you so much Dan." He kissed her shakily and whispered, "Allie, thing is my Mom is right about one thing. I did always love you, from pretty much the first week I met you, and that's why I ended up being held down by Max while I was injected with something to knock me out." Allie held his face, "Dan, I loved you too, but we didn't act on it. We accepted the situation as it was and you did nothing wrong. It's not a crime to want someone you can't have." She hesitated slightly then added, "And Dan, it's not lost on me that I fell in love with Michael while you had to stand aside and watch." Her eyes filled with tears, "But you have to know I'd have gone insane if it was you in that intensive care bed." He kissed her longingly and wiped his face with his hand as she said, "Despite everything we've gone through, we've found our way to one another. Now this is out there, they've done their worst, let's just focus on us, and all these amazing people who love us." Daniel trailed a finger down her face as he focused on her navy eyes "Allie you're incredible, I am so thankful I have you." He took her hand and led her to the bedroom. While those closest to them watched the program in horror, Dan gently undressed them both and lifted Allie underneath him where they lost themselves in one another over and over.

Eventually Allie dragged herself from his arms and grabbed Dan's discarded work shirt, putting it on to go out and get them some drinks. While she was heating milk for hot chocolate, she checked her phone and saw everyone had been messaging with love and support. She took Daniel's phone to him and said, "Dan sweetheart, read these messages, it's amazing." She went back to rescue the milk before it boiled over and made the hot chocolate bringing the two mugs back with her. She put Dan's down on his side of the bed and ran her hand through his hair lovingly. He looked up feeling emotional "You're right Allie, it's amazing. My own mother.....and then these people" Allie kissed his head, "Shushhhh Dan, it's like I tell Emmie. Sometimes the people who made us just can't be the ones who love and take care of us. But these guys do love and take care of us yeah."

Allie crossed to her side of the bed and took a sip of the hot chocolate while Daniel typed a couple of messages. Allie messaged Max, "Dan's devastated, but I'm taking care of him tonight and he's okay. Can you and Margie come in the morning? He needs you guys xx Actually I do too. I'll tell the others to wait until you've been. Love you both x" At their house an agitated Max saw the message and showed Margie. He'd wanted to jump in the car and drive over to them, but Margie had cautioned him to wait until they heard from one of them. Margie kissed him, "Tell her we'll be there for both of them first thing." Max nodded looking grim, "I'm so angry with that woman Margie." Margie knew exactly who he meant and she rubbed his neck to soothe him, "I know Max, me too. I guess some people have kids they just don't deserve, but she's lost him forever now, he'll never be able to forgive her this." Max growled and said, "Good." He typed back to Allie, "We'll be there for both of you Allie, first thing. We love you both, it'll be okay."