Zendaya Appendicitis 💍

"That was amazing," Zendaya said as she finished her desert. "What's next?"
"Well... there's no more food," Tom said as he smiled, a hint of nervous anticipation in his face.
"Ok, what's going on with you?"
"What do you mean?"
"You're obviously nervous, you've been to the bathroom six times. What is it?"
"Um... I don't know what you mean..."
"You're lying. I know you're lying face," Zendaya said as she leant forwards and took Tom's hand. "Tell me. Please," Zendaya said and Tom smiled.
"Alright. This is it," Tom said out loud.
"This is what?" Zendaya asked and Tom stood up. He then knelt down on one knee and Zendaya gasped in shock.
"Zendaya Coleman. You mean everything to me and I love you with all that I am. Will you marry me?" Tom asked as he presented the ring and Zendaya started to cry.
"I..." Zendaya said before she grimaced, as if she was in pain and Tom frowned.
"Zendaya?"
"I... Argh!" Zendaya cried out and she raised a hand to her stomach as Tom immediately stood up and went over to her.
"What's wrong?" He asked and Zendaya threw up. "Waiter! I need some help!" Tom called as Zendaya continued to throw up violently and he was gently resting a hand on her back.
"What's the matter?"
"I don't know. She was fine, then she started throwing up," Tom told the waiter and Zendaya finally gasped as the last of their three course meal came out of her mouth.
"Arh..."
"Are you feeling sick at all?" The waiter asked Tom.
"No, I'm feeling alright."
"What did she eat?"
"Salad, then the vegetarian risotto and fruit."
"No meat?"
"No, she's vegetarian."
"Argh! Tom... my stomach really hurts," Zendaya said as she was curling in on herself.
"I think we need to get an ambulance."
"Yes. Thank you," Tom said and the waiter rushed off. He knelt beside Zendaya.
"Where does it hurt?"
"Here... argh!" Zendaya cried out as she showed Tom. "Argh! It hurts... it hurts Tom..."
"I'm here. You're going to be ok. You're going to be ok," Tom said before he gently kissed her cheek and wiped her mouth with a napkin.

~

Tom was sitting on a hospital ward beside Zendaya. She had recently come out of surgery after a CT scan had shown that her appendix had been inflamed. The surgeon had removed it and now Tom was waiting for her to wake up.
"Hey. It's Tom," Tom said as Zendaya started to wake up. Despite feeling very groggy, Zendaya managed to smile.
"Hi."
"How are you feeling?"
"Much better."
"You're in hospital. You've had emergency surgery and they removed your appendix."
"Oh. Thank you..."
"What for?"
"For saving me."
"Of course," Tom said, and he kissed Zendaya gently.
"Yes."
"Yes?" Tom asked, having forgotten about his question at the restaurant.
"Of course... I will marry my knight."
"Oh. Oh," Tom said and he smiled as he remembered. "You've said yes?"
"Yes," Zendaya said as she took Tom's hand and she locked her fingers into his. "A thousand times. Yes," Zendaya repeated and Tom kissed her on the lips.

Four hours passed until Zendaya was well enough to call both her and Tom's families and they broke the news of their engagement. They had to explain why Zendaya was lying in a hospital bed, but with a ring on her finger and smiles on both of their faces, both families were quickly reassured that everything was alright.