Rio || .041

Rio stepped out from the car slowly. At first, he seemed a little worried. He seemed taken back. He looked around at the crowd of people surrounding the bank for them, cheering for him, and he grinned widely. He shot a hand up in the air in glee. Tokyo took off running out of the room, excitement written all over her face. Ava looked back to the window, to the boy that they came here for. He dropped a hand down to his side and turned just as some hostages were being released. He slowly started marching into the bank. Ava hurried out of the room, meeting the others downstairs right by the front doors of the bank. Ava stopped when she was right beside of Berlin and Nairobi. They both glanced over at her, but Berlin's stare was a bit harder. He loved her, regardless of what happened. He was just so heartbroken. He'd been heart in a similar way before. He'd never expected Sergio to ever do this to him, especially when he saw how broken Berlin had been the first time something like this happened. Nairobi looked back towards the front doors, and Berlin ran a hand down Ava's back. He was still pissed at her- beyond pissed, but the happiness of the others was starting to get to him. Ava glanced over at Berlin momentarily, but he was looking back towards the front doors. He could still feel her looking at him. She wanted him to want her. Although being with Sergio that night felt amazing, she knew it was wrong and she was starting to feel the guilt eat at her. They didn't just hurt one person that hurt them because had been their excuse to themselves. They hurt Raquel as well, and Raquel had been nothing but good to Ava the past years and a half. They grew extremely close, and Ava did something that was unforgivable. She'd never have the same relationship with Raquel ever again because of her own actions. 

              Ava took a breath of relief and let her eyes going back to the bank doors as Rio hurried inside, tears in his eyes. Tokyo ran straight over to him, jumping straight into his arms. She shook with so much happiness and for the first time since being there, Ava knew with all certainty that she made the right decision with coming here.

             "Fucking crazy!" Rio shouted when Tokyo was down, standing beside him. Rio looked around at every member in the group that was there. He was shocked, mesmerized by how far the group would go just to save him. He went around, embracing everyone, one by one. He stopped a bit dramatically by Berlin, his eyebrow cocking up in confusion. "We thought you were dead!" Rio was still talking very loudly, probably because of the adrenaline.

              Berlin let out a laugh and shook his head, "I made it." Was all he said. Rio hugged him and for a second, you could read the confusion all over Berlin. They didn't exactly have the best relationship back at the Mint. He practically tortured the boy, but Rio was still more than grateful that he came here, regardless of the reason behind it. Rio stepped over to Ava.

             "Blonde hair?" He laughed and Ava couldn't help the small giggle. He wrapped his arms around her, embracing her as well. "It looks good on you." He commented. He backed off to look at everyone again, and Tokyo walked back over to him.

              "We've missed you." Ava told him. And truthfully, they did miss him. They hadn't seen him in over a few years. They came to rescue him. Most of them did anyway. 

             "Okay, I'm going to steal my boyfriend now." Tokyo commented, running a hand up to Rio's shoulder. They had a plan already. They knew, most likely, that the police would be listening on the other side. Of course, they wouldn't hand Rio over without a tracker somehow on or in him. But the Professor was ahead of them like he usually was. He already knew their steps ahead of when they took them. And this time was no different. Tokyo dragged Rio off with her, the two of them giggling. 

               "Professor?" Berlin called through the radio, stepping away just a bit. "Tokyo has Rio alone." He informed him. Just how they planned. The Professor shouted in victory and turned to look at Raquel who seemed to be just as happy. 

                  Just as the front doors were starting to close there came someone running. They all stood guard, pulling their weapons immediately, pointing them at the man. When he collapsed to the ground, their eyes widened. Arturo. 

                "We have a problem." Berlin called back to the Professor. The Professor was staring at the cameras already, his brows furrowed at the man that was on the ground. 

                Ava was staring outside of the window. She spent a lot of her time looking out of the window, wanting to make sure the police weren't going to try anything. The Professor had a sight on the outside of the building and some of the rooms inside, but if something happened to him, they'd have to look for themselves. 

                "You got what you came here for." Berlin said. The sound of his voice was enough to make her look away from the window. She glanced over at him. 

                "We did." She nodded her head. She hadn't seen Rio and Tokyo since they hurried away from the group which was expected. It was the first time they saw each other in months. She'd be doing the same if it had been Berlin taken by the police. 

                "I didn't." Berlin spoke the words matter of factly. He looked towards the window for a moment and then back over at Ava. Ava furrowed her eyebrows. "I lost it." He sighed as he folded his arms across his chest. 

                "Berlin-" Ava went to speak but she couldn't finish her sentence. Instead, she looked back at the window. She couldn't talk to him about what happened while she looked at him. It was hard for her to admit that she was the one that was in the wrong this time. She did something completely unforgivable. "I love you." She looked over at him again. He let his eyes go to meet hers, but his eyebrows furrowed. He knew she loved him. She would always love him, but he wasn't so certain that her feelings for Sergio were nothing more than just friends. He was sure there was something there, or she wanted there to be something. And for Sergio, he knew there was. Sergio wasn't the type to sleep around, and he definitely wasn't one to step over Berlin. 

                  "I love you." Berlin stepped close to her. He raised a hand up to her cheek and for a moment, she closed her eyes. She took a deep breath and relaxed completely in his hand. She opened her eyes and looked at him just as he was dropping his hand back down to his side. His mind was running wild. He just couldn't help but wonder if Sergio looked at her the same way. He wasn't usually one to back down, especially when he wanted something, but he was dying, and Sergio was the better man. He knew that. For the first time since hearing about it, he didn't feel angry. He just felt confused. "But I think my brother does too." 

                  "He doesn't." Ava answered him rather quickly. Really, Ava wasn't sure how Sergio felt about the two of them. She knew he loved Raquel, but she also knew that he loved her. She just didn't know if that was the same as being in love with her. She shook her head, and reach a hand out, grabbing onto his hand. Berlin couldn't hold the trembling sigh that left his lips. This was hard for him to talk about, and it was especially hard to admit that he couldn't have her anymore. "Andres, please." Ava searched his face for something-anything, but all she saw was sadness. He let out  a heavy breath. His eyes were filling with tears. Berlin dropped her hand. He covered his face with his shaky hands for a moment and debated on giving in. He wanted to, but it'd just been a few days since it happened. He didn't feel like it was over, even if they swore it was. He dropped his hands back down to his sides and then turned to walk away from her. Ava just stared at him, a frown on her lips. It'd be hard to ever earn his trust back because right now, he could barely look at her without contemplating a million things. 

             She turned to look downstairs, noticing that Rio was back with the others. He was talking on the radio with the Professor, explaining everything that happened to him. Ava walked downstairs to join the rest of the gang. She stood right beside of Nairobi, her eyes locked on Rio. He was almost crying, his eyes were filled with tears as he explained the torture that he endured the last few months. 

             They already knew what the next steps were. They'd have to get the tracker out of his body, and to do that, he'd need to have surgery. The poor kid would have to endure more pain, but at least then he'd be able to feel free again.