Here Comes Trouble || .007

They knew what to expect. They knew the obstacles that the Professor had prepared for, and what they assumed was coming sooner than later. They were going to have to get ready for the police to try and infiltrate the Mint. They would try, but the Professor was quicker than them. He already suspected it, so they knew exactly what moves to make to force them to back off. That was the exact reason that they had Alison Parker, the lamb. She was the most important hostage. She was the one thing that kept the police from forcefully entering and killing everyone, including the innocent hostages if they absolutely had to.

         Ava held a coffee in her hand, taking a sip from the cup. She stood in front of a group of clearly fearful hostages that had been fully stripped into the red matching jumpsuits not even thirty minutes ago. They were given masks and fake guns. They were being used as shields of some sort because the police would have to be stupid to enter a building with so many hostages who were dressed the same as the captors and just started firing. They wouldn't be able to tell the difference between anyone, especially with the realistic-looking weapons. Nairobi was already starting the printing of the money, Berlin was off ordering people around, and Helsinki and Oslo were in charge of different hostages. Ava was by herself with a group of hostages who were fearing for their lives. They seemed almost calm because Ava was the one watching them, and she understood why exactly when Berlin had previously been in the room. Berlin was a bit odd. He definitely wasn't normal, but he never really had been either. He was his own person. Charming but demonic at times. He could be very sadistic if need be.

        "You're not like the others." A young woman commented as she stared up at Ava from the ground. Ava furrowed her eyebrows as she looked down at her.

        "Why do you say that?" Ava took another drink of the bitter coffee. She needed sugar at the very least for it, but she was left with black coffee.

          "You seem to be the most normal."

           "And what's normal?" Ava shook her head. She set her coffee cup on the stairs and then walked straight over to the woman. She kneeled so that she was right in front of her face. All of the hostages were staring at them, wanting to see what was happening. "Is normal even normal? That's the question, you know? I'm a pretty fucked up person but so are you, right? You have your darkness even if you don't want to admit it?" The woman was starting to regret even speaking up because Ava kept rambling. "You're right, though. I'm not exactly like the others but don't get it twisted. I'll shoot you in the face and won't think twice about it if you think about trying anything on my watch." Ava snapped, standing back up completely. Her eyes wandered around the hostages, noticing the fear in everyone now. It was a look that she hadn't received from them until this very moment. But Ava wasn't being very truthful. She'd never even hunted an animal before. Shooting a human didn't even cross her mind. Ava went to turn back to her coffee, but she spotted Martin at the top of the stairs. He seemed to hear all of that. Ava's eyes averted away from him, grabbing the coffee from the stairs and taking a gulp.

           "Valencia," she heard Martin's voice and she immediately sighed in frustration. The last thing she wanted after the long confusing day that they all had was to be tied up talking with Martin. "Can I talk to you?"

          "Clearly, no Phoenix. Can't you see that I'm busy? Don't you have a job to be doing?" Ava said to him, but she didn't even look away from the hostages.

           "Oslo is covering this shift. So, you have a minute to talk to me." Oslo looked toward Ava and gave her a small smile. Ava sighed in relief that she was no longer babysitting the hostages and nodded towards Oslo, thanking him silently. Ava started walking up the stairs, but purposely didn't even look Martin's way. "Please Valencia, just let me talk for five minutes." Ava kept walking up the stairs as Martin followed her. "God damn it listen to me!" He yelled out finally, and Ava stopped completely in her tracks. She turned to face him, her face completely cold. She stayed silent, though. "Has anything happened between you and Berlin?" Ava's cheeks were burning a bright pink now as he spoke his words and she could feel her blood boiling.