The Brother .029

How was he alive? Why didn't he look for them? How did he not know that she had his child? Ava's mind was racing with unanswered questions. She didn't allow Andres to speak. She didn't want to hear anything that came out of his mouth, even if he had a perfect explanation for what happened. Why he left them thinking that he was dead. She wanted an answer and she got it. He was alive. He just didn't care to let her know that. 

         Marseille stared back at her from the mirror awkwardly then turned his attention towards the men that were walking out of the place. Martin, Sergio and Andres. Sergio stopped before they got to the car and turned to Andres. Ava couldn't hear what they said to each other, but she was still staring. Andres and Martin went in a separate vehicle, but he stole a glance towards her first. Sergio turned to go back to the car Ava was in. He got in the back seat with her instead of getting in the front like he was earlier. Ava avoided looking at him, not wanting the comfort. Instead, she stared hard at the seat in front of her, trying to concentrate on anything other than what was around her. Marseille started down the road finally. Sergio looked at Ava for a moment, but he knew better than to touch her or speak. He caught on to some of Ava's pet peeves. If she was pissed, don't touch her. Or she'd be lashing out on you. So, he just leaned back in the seat, his eyes staying on her. 

        They arrived at the house they'd be spending a lot of their time in studying finally. It just took about two hours. Ava knew everybody was already inside of that house, including her son. As selfish as it sounded, she didn't want Andres to see him, especially right now. She opened the door before the car even came to a complete stop. 

      "Valencia!" The Professor called out her city name, wanting to get used to saying only that again. He reach out his hand, but he was too slow. She was already out of the car and hurried inside of the house. She wanted to leave more than anything, but she almost felt in debt to the Professor. The last thing she wanted was for him to have to do this alone when he was there for her through everything those last few years. 

        Ava came through the door so quickly that everyone turned their heads to look at her with confusion. Her eyes wandered to Andres, her son, who was playing on the floor with Cincinatti. She ripped him off of the ground, and he started whining because his toy fell out of his hand. 

        "What's going on?" Nairobi finally questioned, standing up from the couch. 

        "I just have to get the hell out of here." Ava hurried down the hall to her room and out of sight just as Berlin walked into the house with the others. The Professor explained the situation the best that he could to the others. Tokyo and Nairobi shared a look with each other before they both snapped into action. They left the living area, hurrying off to find Ava. They understood where the anger came from, the confusion. Ava was shoving her things back into the small bag that she brought. Tokyo and Nairobi stopped in the door entrance. 

        "Did you know?" Tokyo asked. They hadn't saw each other in a few years. They weren't sure of the information that Ava already knew. 

         "No. No, how would I have known?" Ava snapped the words a bit aggressively, pulling the bag on her back. 

         "Valencia," Nairobi spoke her name gently, walking over to her. Tokyo took steps towards her as well. Nairobi offered her an embrace, reaching out her arms to her. Ava stared at her blankly. She wasn't the same woman that she used to be and now she was even colder. Nairobi didn't want for an acceptance and instead hugged the woman. Tokyo stared for a moment before she joined in on the hug. Ava's eyes went straight to the door when she saw the Professor standing there. She was scared Berlin would be near. 

         "Leave us alone for a moment, please." The Professor said, eyeing both of the woman. Nairobi and Tokyo both pulled away from Ava, giving her a sincere smile. They wished they could take the pain but it wasn't that easy. Nairobi and Tokyo both stepped out of the room and the Professor entered, shutting the door behind him. Ava avoided looking at him. She wasn't mad at him, but she was upset that he wasn't more angry with Andres. "He deserves to know about his son." The Professor spoke too soon. Ava stepped back a little, staring at him with disgust. "I don't mean-" The Professor tried to correct his wording. "Whenever you're ready, of course. But he has to know why it hurt so much that he hid from us."