Meeting The In-Laws.

Corey is the largest twin, Cole the smallest, although the smallest he had the loudest cry. Corey barely cried at all. Piper decided to stay for a while, mom was allowed to stay for a week, to my surprise she and Cole got on swimmingly. They never had a crossed word, they worked in tandem helping me with the babies. Mom called dad, who was shocked that she rang him, but he's been always suspicious since marrying a demon once. It became apparent that dad wasn't aware that i was back with Cole or that we were now parents.

Mom told dad to come and visit since he was in The Adirondacks, he could drive down and meet his once again son in-law and new grandchildren, dad told mom he'll pop by once he completes the sale of his cabin he owns up there. Mom asked him to come before she's forced to go back as she would like to see him and catch up. It's pretty clear mom still had the hots for dad, it was always she talked about when Grams kicked him out decades ago. We also had an unexpected knock at the door, it was a woman claiming to be Cole's mother, Cole almost dropped. This was the last person he ever expected to be at our home, we always assumed she was dead.

Cole told us not to invite her in and asked mom and Piper to cast a boundary spell around the house, he doesn't want her anywhere near the children, she is a full demon after all. Piper called for Leo to search the book for a vanquishing spell for her. I knew the book well, i didn't recall a spell to get rid of Cole's mother. Who could've told her? Who would've deceived us in this way? It won't be the Elders, it would've needed to come from someone that didn't want Cole and i together?

Then it hit me, there was one person that had deep seated jealousy for me, that was Billie. We asked Leo could he sense where Billie was, i needed to ask her why she told Cole's mother, better still how did she find her? Cole as a demon never once looked for the woman that gave birth to him, Cole cared more about his human fathers soul, his demon mother he never spoke about. Cole didn't even make contact with her, he never forgave her for killing his father and sending him to the underworld, she abandoned him there.

Mrs Turner sat in her car, she never left the street, she kept calling the house and saying, "those babies are part of me, not just Cole and you. I would like to be a part of their lives."

Cole grabbed the phone off me, he told her, "Elizabeth, you'll never see my boys. If you ever want to become a grandmother. You bring back my father and you renounce being a demon. Which i know you won't do."

Elizabeth exclaimed, "Cole Benjamin Turner, your father is alive. The soul that Raynor gave you wasn't his. Your father has been living right here in New York all these years with me. Oh and furthermore son, i never abandoned you, you were taken because i refused to go and live in the underworld with you. One more thing Billie or whomever Phoebe thinks told me, didn't tell me anything."

Cole came off the phone in shock, mom seen his face, the confusion, the horror and just completely deflated. Mom went into the kitchen and made him a tea to calm him down.

Mom said, "Cole, i know you don't want to hear this right now, but if you're father is still living, that would make him almost two centuries old, your mother must've preserved him somehow?"

Cole said, "Elizabeth used to be a witch, she would know how to preserve life, perhaps she even turned him into a vampire? I know she worked her way up to being an upper-level demon, but to say that they took me, is lies."

Mom replied, "maybe she isn't lying, i have always known where your mother was born, she came from New York, your father too, i think she may have been watching from afar that you had became a husband again, a human again and now a father. I'm not defending her, but i kinda understand her."

Cole said, "then there's only one thing for it, is for me to go to my old family home and see my father for myself and see how she has cared for him and understand why she never looked for me before. As a father now, i couldn't bear not having those boys in my life. I think you're right Patty, I'll go and see them at my old childhood home."

Elizabeth waited for hours and Cole finally went outside, he spoke with her and he told her that he wants to go and see his father.

Elizabeth said, "ok, he will tell you everything, i never told you one lie there. Also your mother in-law is right, i was watching from afar. Go and tell Phoebe that you'll be home in a couple of hours as I'm sure she'll need you and i know she'll worry about you around me."

I told him, "go, see if what she was saying was the truth. I know she can't turn you evil, but you need to find out how your father is still alive. How he's been kept alive and maybe if we get past this, we will look into if your mother has been truthful."

Cole got into the car with his mother and arrived home a few hours later.

I called Cole to the nursery, i asked, "well, how was it? Was she telling the truth?"

Cole looked confused and dazed, but he sat down and explained, "yes, my father is still alive, he hasn't aged since i last seen him. He's not a vampire, he's not a demon, he's human, just a very old human. It turns out he got sick, my mother gave him a tonic, the tonic healed him, but it gave him immortality. My father explained how he and my mother have lived in the same house all these years. Father also explained that they tried in vain for decades to get me out of the underworld. My mother informed me Raynor hid me all over the underworld, she did some things to please the source to get me back, he went back on his word and gave her an upper-level demon status instead. My father sworn that she has never reverted to her demon form since she came topside decades ago. He welcomed her back with open arms, she has always been the love of his life, just as you my wife for the second time has been mine."

I replied, "whilst i don't disbelieve her, or your father, i would like to meet them and see for myself. Can we arrange this?"

My mom agreed with me, she said, "the only way you're going to feel at ease is being near them. We should arrange a meeting? I'll be there with you."

My mom called Elizabeth and told her she had a few more days and if she could meet us before she's called back, would it be possible?"

Elizabeth said, "yes, oh yes indeed. I suggest a public place and Phoebe and Cole should pick it."

I replied that's easy, "tell them to meet us in The Rainbow Rooms." Elizabeth told us that she knew where it was, that she would look forward to it.