Chapter 10: Bed rest

Arabella

"No, please. No more" I cried as I attempted to turn my head away from the spoon Alec was holding to my lips.  

"Please baby, you need to eat" he pleaded as he kept the spoon to my mouth. He looked stressed. His hair was dishevelled and he had dark circles under his eyes.

"Yes, but I can't cope with another spinach soup. It's gross" I sighed as I nudged his hand away.

Collapsing my head down on the pillow, I looked at Alec with puppy dog eyes. 

"Alec, has she finished it all?" Leon's voice echoed out from the hallway.

Jolting up in fear of disobeying of him, I quickly leaned forward and took the entire spoon in my mouth.

Alec's head whipped away from the door and stared at me like I had grown three heads.

Keeping my eyes on him, I swallowed the horrible tasting soup down before resting back against the headboard of the huge bed I was staying in.

Looking towards the door, I gulped at the sight of Leon leaning against the door frame. He looked terrifying. I knew he was intimidating, but something about the way he was looking at me scared me.

"There's a good girl" he smirked as he began to roll his white shirt sleeves up.

"I know you're a stubborn one, but she's not caused you any grief, has she Alec?" he smirked at Alec with a brow raised.

Giving Alec a desperate look, I bit my lip as in fear as Alec smirked at my reaction.

"She's not a fan of the soup, Leon. But she's been our good girl. Isn't that right baby?" Alec cooed softly as he stroked a loose strand of hair from out of my eyes.

"Uh huh" I smiled softly, my eyes moving to Leon as he walked over towards me.

Watching Leon intently, I smiled up at him as he walked towards me before reaching over to my bedside table.

Staying silent, I shut my eyes in bliss as Leon ran the back of his hand down the back of my cheek.

"Open" he ordered as he lifted up a glass of water.

Feeling his thumb on my lip, I let my mouth drop open and let Leon place a couple of tablets in my mouth.

Keeping my eyes on him, he brought the glass to my lips and carefully tipped enough water in my mouth.

"Swallow" he muttered darkly as he stared at me with such intensity.

Gulping the water and tablets down, I went to wipe my chin as a single droplet of water trailed down my lips, but Leon got there before me.

"Ah ah ah, I want you rested" he said sternly.

"I can wipe my own chin, Leon. I'm not as sick as you think. I'm getting better" I tried to argue with a smile on my face.

Leon glared at me before sticking one of those fancy thermometers in my ear.

"I'll say when you're getting better and right now, your temperature says otherwise".

"Leon, calm down" Alec spoke out softly, his voice more soothing out of the two of them.

Sensing Leon's frustration, I hesitantly rested my hand on top of his and waited for his eyes to look into mine.

"I'm getting better, really, I am. And it's because of you. Please, all I want is a spinach soup free day. I-It's not bad, but my stomach is craving something, not so green. Oh, perhaps I can go in the garden for a bit and"-