Chapter 9: Desperate battle

Start from the beginning

Raiden: You all right?

Winter: *shaken a bit* Yes. How about you?

She wipes some of the blood stained on his face, she is quite shaken by the fact Raiden can be straight brutal and cold whenever he wanted to. She is reminded why Raiden is called "The White Devil" on the battlefield, his enemies feared him a lot. 

But who's to blame? Raiden has been raised as a child soldier and a weapon. But thanks to Zane and his other close comrades, he had retained some of his humanity. And also because of them, his ideals are sharpened and embraced on who he really is and what he fights for. 

Raiden: I am fine. *nods* We are done dealing with the terrorist, regroup with the others. 

Winter nodded to Raiden as he closes his visors before they both run off towards the regrouping area, leaving Adam bleeding and screaming in pain. And also leaving him a huge grudge and hatred onto them. Raiden turns to Adam one more time and he got to see the man behind the broken white fang mask. 

Raiden: *thoughts* Our own actions is the reason why monsters born

Raiden: *thoughts* Our own actions is the reason why monsters born. Grimm is not one of Humanity's greatest threat, it's ourselves. 

Raiden looks back and sees Winter a bit conflicted seeing the SDC mark on Adam's eye. She has a conflict that her own family is the reasons why people like Adam exists today. Raiden reassures her by holding her gloved hand and looks at her. 

Raiden: We will deal with this... Personal matters Winter, no offense but your father needs to face the crimes he did. 

Winter: Mhm... Thank you Raiden. 

Raiden simply nodded, ironic that the white devil of Remnant is far more human than the White fang leader of Vale. 

*Meanwhile on the safe area*

No one POV

Teams RWBY, JNPR and ORION had finally made it to the regrouping area where both civilians and other fighting forces are safe from the battle, especially with the new reinforcements holding out the Grimm horde attacking the kingdom. 

Ruby is seen laying down onto the floor with Yang while Weiss and Blake are sitting next to each other, and it's also visible that all teams are exhausted from the fight against the Grimm. And if isn't for Fu Hua's help with them, they might be gone now. 

Ash is seen on the floor, sitting with Yupia who's missing a cybernetic arm of hers. Despite they are the best team in the first year, they are pushed to their limits and they were lucky that Fu Hua is there to help them. 

Ash: *to Yupia* Need a little help there?

Yupia: *looks to her leaking missing left arm* It's all right, it can be replaced after all. 

She shrugged it off before Fu Hua appears out of nowhere to the team, and needless to say despite their tiredness and fatigue they were surprised to see her. As if she's a goddess of some sort.