Chapter 16

Dakota

How was I going to tell him? What was I going to do now that he'd seen my eyes? Would he even remember?

I felt good, my skin felt as though it was lightly buzzing, my mind was clearer and my heart lighter and yet I was terrified of the questions this man would have. The mark I'd left was clear as day as he slept on him back, the light streamed through and made him look like a painting.

I didn't want to move, I wanted to stare until I couldn't stare anymore but I needed to know what to do.

Terrence could not leave me, not for this.

I moved as slowly as I could, closing the door behind me and heading for the kitchen. I dialled Trevor and I tried not to feel like my life was coming apart.

"I marked him." I confessed before anything else could be said.

"What?" He sounded groggy and I heard the soft tired moan of Keegan on his end followed by shuffling.

"I marked him, last night. What do I do?"

"Calm do-"

"I can't, he's in my bed, he's going to ask questions I just know it."

"He probably do-"

"Trevor, I'm freaking out. I don't-" I whimpered and leaned against the counter. "-I can't lose him."

"You won't. Just talk to him. You've marked him, what's the worst that could happen?"

"So ma-"

"My neck is killing me." Arms wrapped around me and my heart fluttered, he kissed me softly and groaned. "You okay?" He nuzzled my ear then and inhaled deeply.

I hung up before Trevor could say another word and turned in my mates arms, I stared up at him and he offered me a smile, tilting his head and I felt my heart ache.

"Are you?"

He reached for my face and I leaned into his touch. "You're eyes," he smiled and gave a breathless chuckle. "They were so dark." I blinked rapidly and looked to his shoulder and then all over.

"Uh- yeah," I cleared my throat. "The lights I guess."

"The lights?" He was in a towel, but I could tell he hadn't showered yet and was only using it to hide his manhood. I exhaled shakily. "You wanna tell me the truth?"

I blinked and met his eye, his hand moved to my chin and he gently made me face him so that I would look him in the eyes. "It is?" I felt my eyes begin to burn suddenly.

"Last night was..." He shook his head, his brows furrowed and he had a small smile. "Unlike anything I've ever experienced. Being with you is out of this world, it hardly feels real some times, so please, whatever it is, don't you think I have the right to know?"

"I don't-" I gasped and wrapped my fingers around his wrist. "I can't lose you." My eyes burned then and he pushed me into the counter, his head tilting as he looked down at me.

"You won't," I shook my head and stared at his chest. Would this be the last time I saw him? Would I ever get to be this close to him? "Whatever it is, you can tell me."